(Electronic) New EP

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Tau Ceti

22 Aug 2021

Hello!
Made a new ep.
All done in Reason suite 11
Out on all major streaming services.

dakta

07 Sep 2021

Thought I'd chip in on this, maybe it's my headphones but a lot of the sounds at times seemed to smudge together so at times it felt 'a bit much'

*BUT*

It has some really catchy moments and it's reaaaaaaaaaallly refreshing to hear this kind of electronic music come out of reason - I also think you could quite easily make a synthpop version, and I'm saying that really because I think you ought to.

Nice work :) In the time its taken to type that I've rolled onto 'Astral Winds' and I'm quite glad it has because that's decent too. Love the genre.

mimidancer

04 Oct 2021

I liked the track. I am also a fan of G-type stars. Thanks for sharing.

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Oct 2021

dakta wrote:
07 Sep 2021
Thought I'd chip in on this, maybe it's my headphones but a lot of the sounds at times seemed to smudge together so at times it felt 'a bit much'
Sounds should "smudge" together. It is weird in modern mixes that every single sound seems to stand apart (often very far apart). A mix should feel like "one" and not many in a box. This mix is fairly reverb-heavy and that is the style.

Very much in-style for your work. I still listen to the first one of yours I have Mr Ceti. This one seems more delicate which is nice.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

dakta

09 Oct 2021

I think i know what you mean, though just re-listened and stand by what I said because whilst it's a good track I do sort of find myself re-thinking what I said above. Nothing to get upset about, as it is a good track and I wanted to suggest something and I think I found that something.

It is only an opinion but that's why I assume it goes posted here.

Tau Ceti

15 Oct 2021

dakta wrote:
07 Sep 2021

*BUT*

It has some really catchy moments and it's reaaaaaaaaaallly refreshing to hear this kind of electronic music come out of reason - I also think you could quite easily make a synthpop version, and I'm saying that really because I think you ought to.

Nice work :) In the time its taken to type that I've rolled onto 'Astral Winds' and I'm quite glad it has because that's decent too. Love the genre.
Thanks for listening!
Mixing has always been my weak spot and i have a habit of adding to much sounds together at the same time.
If the day had more hours i might have the time to do some other versions. ;)

Tau Ceti

15 Oct 2021

mimidancer wrote:
04 Oct 2021
I liked the track. I am also a fan of G-type stars. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked it.
Thanks fore listening.

Tau Ceti

15 Oct 2021

Benedict wrote:
04 Oct 2021
dakta wrote:
07 Sep 2021
Sounds should "smudge" together. It is weird in modern mixes that every single sound seems to stand apart (often very far apart). A mix should feel like "one" and not many in a box. This mix is fairly reverb-heavy and that is the style.

Very much in-style for your work. I still listen to the first one of yours I have Mr Ceti. This one seems more delicate which is nice.

:-)
Really glad to hear that you still listen to my old tracks.
Thanks for listening.

dakta

15 Dec 2021

Tau Ceti wrote:
15 Oct 2021
dakta wrote:
07 Sep 2021

*BUT*

Thanks for listening!
Mixing has always been my weak spot and i have a habit of adding to much sounds together at the same time.
If the day had more hours i might have the time to do some other versions. ;)
Not a problem, had another listen and it is really good IMO. if it's not rude to ask what percussion are you using? the kit is sizzling

Micha1973

16 Dec 2021

Superb Tracks*
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

• Information