[Aleatoric French House Live Performance] Reconfiguring my House

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aria Salvatrice

15 Aug 2021

Hello!

This is a live single-take performance of a baroquely complex Reason rack, using the player devices to obtain results similar to generative techniques with modular synths.

A single Novation Launch Control XL controls the entire song. It matches perfectly the layout of the Hamu ModPanel8, which is used to control the rest of the rack via CV. Many knobs are automated via combinators, and sometimes dummy thors.

Player devices do most of the heavy lifting here, some of which have aleatoric behavior.

I have no use for the faders as mixers: I already have filters on most channels. Instead, the faders control the bassline, and the first fader, the root note of the player devices.

Half the song goes through an effects bus, where I can control a large amount of bypassed effects wired in series.

Let me know if you'd like more detailed patch notes. None of the techniques I use in isolation are particularly complex, but all put together, they allow for a unique style of chaotic performance, and I never see people using Reason that way.

Incidentally, I regard this song as French House on account of the following reasons:
- I am French
- I recorded it in my house

PhillipOrdonez

15 Aug 2021

Haha I love the reasons why you called it French House.

• Information