New track interested in feedback

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
gritz

14 Aug 2021

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 442px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/tra ... rent=true/" seamless><a href="
stays the same by the nightingale experience</a></iframe>

strangers
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2021

The music sounds great. I hear bits of 70s and 80s rock/pop. The vocals could use a little more attention. They're very loud and sounds distant from the music. The timing of some phrases were rushed. Overall, solid song.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2021

Excellent work on the guitars, I like the vibrato on the vocals, but I agree with Strangers, they are too loud. I would have tuck them deeper in the mix, so that the overall feel sounds more "radio friendly". Composition-wise, I really love the harmony - there are some nice prog-rock chords progressions here and there that I really dig - and I find the song very solid. I am not so in love with the drums (too much 80s AOR for my taste, they somehow kill the late 70s feel i got at the beginning) and I also would change or add lots of reverb to the synth strings that appear later in the song: they feel very amateur-ish and they really fight against the other sounds which are good, especially the brass/horn towards the end.

Definitely a good track, just needs minor production corrections, imho.

gritz

18 Aug 2021

Thanks guys I’m afraid I’m bloody awful with vocal production - ongoing battle with that - drums I get - again getting the right drums is a pain - using toontrack drums so any suggested ideas always very welcome

gritz

18 Aug 2021

Also I think I suffered from ear fatigue by the end apart from I am a shockingly poor producer !

• Information