[progressive deep tribal tech] Rising Nigh Wave - Ancients (WIP)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

02 Aug 2021

now this is a pretty unique piece of music i have created.
i am not sure what is the genre and style but at least i think it is progressive/experimental deep tribal tech.

the specific thing of this song is it has all the time present the tension which never releases until the end - the last part.
so the song makes you pretty nervous somehow if i may say so.

ok, here is the song:

ps: sorry, no mixing, equing and mastering. only default mastering suite-template when you open new song. i shall do later all that things. so that is why WIP ... i hope you enjoyed the song.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

PhillipOrdonez

02 Aug 2021

The boom kick totally ducks everything else sucking all the energy from the groove. I like the syncopation creates but it would be cool sometimes, not every bar. It feels like it could go to breakbeat territory, but it doesn't, and doesn't deliver the proper 4 on the floor either. I would rethink the arrangement, and make those parts the breakdowns and work on making the drop transition a lot smoother, or making it a breakbeat progressive House banger like those featured on some global underground /bedrock releases in the early 2000s late 90s.

Rising Night Wave

02 Aug 2021

about that boom kick every bar... am that is the only audio lane i did not properly adjust level (fader) for it. everything else was adjusted with care and precision as i can do my best with it. only that boom kick was adjusted approximately. i shall repair that. very requiered.

yes, i thought by myself too if this song is a breakbeat. but as you said ... it is not. but it has some elements of breakbeat.

about arrangement: i will not change it. i will leave it as is. only maybe i should do some transactions between parts of the song. maybe i will add some .WAV fxes and so.

i am glad you lefet a comment. i read it carefully.

you and others must know that my music is not banger/party oriented. it is more personal confessional music. but some shall never say never. so maybe in any future i shall do some or begin to do party banger music. i or we shall see that.

- - - - - -

edit/ps: i have a silent wish to do another musical project (that would be my third project) which would be more party oriented or at least more commercial oriented. not that much underground. i am not talking about money but approach to music making/creating.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information