(Melodic Techno) Nomad 124bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2021

Been listening to a lot of melodic techno recently and really enjoying a lot of the tunes on beatport etc. Now trying to understand the genre but this is my first real attempt with rumble kick, lots of delays, saturation/distortion etc.

Have not had time to mix and master this and lots of work to do this weekend to clean it up/final mixing decisions but any comments appreciated? does it feel like techno etc or have i missed the mark?

final track here :)

Last edited by Popey on 21 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Rising Night Wave

19 Jul 2021

no, no this is really dangerusly good. hehe. really. nice work.
only perhaps too little reverb on some elements.
othervise this is a great song. i liked it a lot.

maybe, but only maybe, at 1:30 that melodic part looses all the hardnes and tension from start. but it is well implemented.
so on the one side it is miss but on the other side it is a good thing.

if you ask me i would stick to first part.
but what you have done it is very good. very well done. really mature song. nice.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

PhillipOrdonez

19 Jul 2021

The intro is a kind of techno. I would have gone that direction myself, but definitely don't listen to me on this or anything negative I am about to say.

I didn't even know melodic techno used the rumble kick; I always associated it with a tougher kind of techno. Sidenote, I think of melodic techno as a poser trance guy trying to be cool but failing to hide his trance past πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don't know much about that style though, and leaving my taste out the door, all the elements fit together musically and work well as a whole. Keep up the good work Popey, this is the best thing I've heard from you in the 130ish and below tempos! No doubt about it! You're flying! πŸ‘πŸ₯³πŸ’ͺ

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote: ↑
19 Jul 2021
no, no this is really dangerusly good. hehe. really. nice work.
only perhaps too little reverb on some elements.
othervise this is a great song. i liked it a lot.

maybe, but only maybe, at 1:30 that melodic part looses all the hardnes and tension from start. but it is well implemented.
so on the one side it is miss but on the other side it is a good thing.

if you ask me i would stick to first part.
but what you have done it is very good. very well done. really mature song. nice.
Thanks for the feedback and I agree it needs more reverb which I will tackle this weekend. I am kinda thinking the second part looses some hardness too so may try and revisit and amend slightly.

Thanks for having a listen and will update with final version when finished πŸ‘

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
19 Jul 2021
The intro is a kind of techno. I would have gone that direction myself, but definitely don't listen to me on this or anything negative I am about to say.

I didn't even know melodic techno used the rumble kick; I always associated it with a tougher kind of techno. Sidenote, I think of melodic techno as a poser trance guy trying to be cool but failing to hide his trance past πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I don't know much about that style though, and leaving my taste out the door, all the elements fit together musically and work well as a whole. Keep up the good work Popey, this is the best thing I've heard from you in the 130ish and below tempos! No doubt about it! You're flying! πŸ‘πŸ₯³πŸ’ͺ
Thanks phil. From what I have heard on beatport a few melodic techno tracks use rumble kick so it was something i recently tried to learn. Still listening to tracks to get a better idea and break them down into parts to understand it and be able to recreate.

Still work to go on this track and toughen it up in the later stages along with proper mixing to try and add clarity to each individual parts but would agree this is the best non drum and bass track so far. This actually stems from one of our previous conversations when I realise I need to understand the genre I aim for and not just some strange house/trance/techno love child as I dont know the genre well enough.

Ps. I am in my mid 40's with a wicked receding hairline so any opportunity for posing is long gone πŸ˜‚

PhillipOrdonez

20 Jul 2021

Popey wrote: ↑
20 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
19 Jul 2021

Thanks phil. From what I have heard on beatport a few melodic techno tracks use rumble kick so it was something i recently tried to learn. Still listening to tracks to get a better idea and break them down into parts to understand it and be able to recreate.

Still work to go on this track and toughen it up in the later stages along with proper mixing to try and add clarity to each individual parts but would agree this is the best non drum and bass track so far. This actually stems from one of our previous conversations when I realise I need to understand the genre I aim for and not just some strange house/trance/techno love child as I dont know the genre well enough.

Ps. I am in my mid 40's with a wicked receding hairline so any opportunity for posing is long gone πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚ πŸ€—

Apparently the advice was fruitful because it resulted in the best track you've made in a non DNB style! πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ•Ί

Yeah I know next to nothing about the genre, I just associate the rumble kick with 'business techno', a different, tougher style. I've not been into techno for a long time now so I'm out of the loop πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2021

Tweaked this track a bit and mixed and mastered it as good as i can get at the moment. hope some enjoy and any comments appreciated.

• Information