(Techno) The Desert

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Electric-Metal

05 Jul 2021

Being a Trance guy for life, I've made my first Techno track (I think). Mixing sucks as usual. :puf_bigsmile:

Any opinion appreciated.

:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

The mix sounds fine to me.
It's not really my type of music. I don't know if it's the genre itself or the track. But with this kind of music I often feel like there isn't much of an actual song. It's good sounding music, sure. But I keep waiting to hear a part that grabs me, the core of a tune. Something that makes me remember the tune when I've listened through it. But there's not much to latch onto. Again it could simply be me not "getting" the genre and what it's about.

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2021

Nice track. i would echo the above and say the mix sounds good to me.

PhillipOrdonez

06 Jul 2021

As with any style, listening to a lot of it will teach you a lot about what sounds and techniques fit within the style you want to make. I hear trance sounds and techniques all over this, which makes this a trance track and not a techno track. You need to listen to more techno to know the ingredients you need to use. Forget about super saws and those distorted 303 sounds and patterns, and forget about those kinds of harmonies you used here. They are all trance staples.

You also need to know what kind of techno you want to make? It's such a broad genre.

Electric-Metal

29 Jul 2021

Hey,
sorry for responding so late.

Thank's for listening and for your opinions.
TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Jul 2021
The mix sounds fine to me.
It's not really my type of music. I don't know if it's the genre itself or the track. But with this kind of music I often feel like there isn't much of an actual song. It's good sounding music, sure. But I keep waiting to hear a part that grabs me, the core of a tune. Something that makes me remember the tune when I've listened through it. But there's not much to latch onto. Again it could simply be me not "getting" the genre and what it's about.
Glad to hear you like the mix. Yeah, I guess this is mostly due to me lacking songwriting skills. :D
Popey wrote:
06 Jul 2021
Nice track. i would echo the above and say the mix sounds good to me.
Thanks alot :thumbup:
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Jul 2021
As with any style, listening to a lot of it will teach you a lot about what sounds and techniques fit within the style you want to make. I hear trance sounds and techniques all over this, which makes this a trance track and not a techno track. You need to listen to more techno to know the ingredients you need to use. Forget about super saws and those distorted 303 sounds and patterns, and forget about those kinds of harmonies you used here. They are all trance staples.

You also need to know what kind of techno you want to make? It's such a broad genre.
I'm totally with you on this execpt for the 303 :D . But, funfact:

I've made this track when taking part of a techno contest on another forum, and this track being all trance wasn't a concern from anyone involved, so there's that :-) . Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to argue on this :thumbup: . I just couldn't shake off that trance mindset when making this one. So, yeah, I'm with you and absolutely appreciate your feedback.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Kov

09 Oct 2021

In my world this would be typical trance ;). The mix is good. Kinda laid back but it suits the track well.

gullum

09 Oct 2021

2 bars in and I was notting my head. I think your trance has ported over a little as it is has a trance feel through out the whole song but it sounds grate

LaudusDeWire

10 Oct 2021

Nice track. I wouldn't call it pure techno. As mentioned above it's kind of trancy. Even a bit of house after the break (for my ears :puf_smile: )

One thing kind of annoys me: The "clap" coming in at 0:30 has to much of a "click" for me.

But overall: Nice one, keep going :clap:
Soundcloud

:reason: R12 | 🎹 Sequential Pro 3 | 🥁 Arturia Drum Brute Impact | 🎛 Synapse Dune 3

• Information