[melodic hard techno] Rising Night Wave - When You Are Gone (WIP-rough preview)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

27 Jun 2021

yo! hy!

here is my latest track. done in r11. all stock material.
what do you think?

Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Auryn

27 Jun 2021

I enjoyed this, there is enough variation and switches to keep things interesting and the style is pretty unique too. Mix-wise the bass sound is very 'boomy'/resonant on my speakers. I would turn it down a bit in comparison to the kick.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Rising Night Wave

27 Jun 2021

yes. i have to EQ the whole thing. also do the proper mix and master.

thanks for words - that you enjoyed the song. thanks.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2021

Just gave this a like on soundcloud its got all the ingredients of a really cool track. I echo the comments above about it being a bit boomy and lacking a bit on the higher frequencies but seen you havent eq'd it yet so looking forward to hearing the finished track.

Rising Night Wave

27 Jun 2021

i hope i will finish it today or at least till tomorrow till end of morning. today/tonight.

thaks for like. i appreciate it. thanks.

Rising Night Wave

27 Jun 2021

i added some vocals. thanks to GhostHack.

Skimrok

28 Jun 2021

like what you done here its very cool, only think i can hear is the kick is a little lost but there is a fix, with the low end bass you want to try sidechain the kick with that element , it give it space to punch through so its not clashing for that fhz , i have to say its a bit overwarming trying it for the first time so keep your original song as saved and play with a new save as song so you can always go back to the original if you need too if your attempts have failed , its a delicate balance with sidechain too much can sound weird and too little you will not notice anything, even you don't want to try it now and try it later can help when trying something new ;)

i do like what you do its a underground sound and its gritty :twisted: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Rising Night Wave

28 Jun 2021

Thank's Skimrok for words. I appreciate it. I'll do a try with sidechaining for bass drum.
Actually i used UMPF Retro Beats + Audiomatic for drums. Then i sidechained the main output to a new lane and used RV7000 MkII reverb on it. Lovered a bit sound level for it and that's pretty all about drums.
But so far the final result is too much boomy sound. I shall repair that. Absolutely a lot of EQuing will be needed to be done. And of course a proper mastering.
Sorry for saying that again: I still have problems with mastering and low/low end frequencies.

• Information