(DNB) Crime on 23rd Steet

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2021

A little drum and bass track which i have tried to be a bit more moody and dark than my normal stuff. Still working on my use of compression, mixing, mastering etc so hope i haven't overdone it (sounds ok to me but not listened in car yet)

Any comments appreciated

PhillipOrdonez

24 Jun 2021

You know, this is not my style at all, I'm all about house music, but I think your dnb stuff is much better than when you do House, idk, it just sounds better, the elements fit together better, and overall sounds a lot more polished... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Nice work Popey! πŸ•Ί

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2021
You know, this is not my style at all, I'm all about house music, but I think your dnb stuff is much better than when you do House, idk, it just sounds better, the elements fit together better, and overall sounds a lot more polished... πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Nice work Popey! πŸ•Ί
Thanks Phillip πŸ‘. Drum and bass is what I played when djing for many years so it's more my style but sometimes I just fancy creating something a bit slower which is when my weird house things get made 🀣

PhillipOrdonez

24 Jun 2021

Popey wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2021
24 Jun 2021

Nice work Popey! πŸ•Ί
Thanks Phillip πŸ‘. Drum and bass is what I played when djing for many years so it's more my style but sometimes I just fancy creating something a bit slower which is when my weird house things get made 🀣
That explains it, then. You know, the best way to get good at making any genre is listening to it. The more you listen to a style, the better equipped you are to making it. You've heard lots more dnb, therefore, you are better at making it!

I like some of that stuff, the stuff I used to listen to a lot was like DJ marky and especially what with patife, and shy FX, Goldie, dillinja... A little bit of ak1200 and Dieselboy for when my punk side wants to come out for 10 minutes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but yeah, I mean, I guess 90s dnb stuff. I absolutely love 2 step though... From the hardcore continuum, that's my preferred style πŸ•Ί

Skimrok

25 Jun 2021

love that grimy bass synth Popey I'm into that woom woom woommmm :clap:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2021

24 Jun 2021
Popey wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2021

That explains it, then. You know, the best way to get good at making any genre is listening to it. The more you listen to a style, the better equipped you are to making it. You've heard lots more dnb, therefore, you are better at making it!

I like some of that stuff, the stuff I used to listen to a lot was like DJ marky and especially what with patife, and shy FX, Goldie, dillinja... A little bit of ak1200 and Dieselboy for when my punk side wants to come out for 10 minutes πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but yeah, I mean, I guess 90s dnb stuff. I absolutely love 2 step though... From the hardcore continuum, that's my preferred style πŸ•Ί
Yeah early 90's to 00's was the period I dj'd in and owned most of the records by the artists you mention above (apart from patife who is a new name to me). I'm getting into a lot of melodic techno at the moment as well so you are right I need to keep listening to understand how to create it and what makes it the genre it is. πŸ‘

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2021

Skimrok wrote: ↑
25 Jun 2021
love that grimy bass synth Popey I'm into that woom woom woommmm :clap:
Cheers Skimrok. The bass is a bit different than normal for me as I used loads of individual samples and tweaked/reversed them instead of making my basslines with a synth like I always have done before.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jun 2021

Oh Man, Popey, get ready for this: Beautiful stuff.

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2021

25 Jun 2021
Oh Man, Popey, get ready for this: Beautiful stuff.

You are not wrong that first track is beautiful and I like how it switches up later on. Sadly the second video says it will not play on other sites but i will be checking out more Patife stuff on you tube for sure.

PhillipOrdonez

25 Jun 2021

The second one is called Sambassim πŸ”₯

• Information