[DRUM AND BASS] BLUUDY NORA

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

17 Jun 2021

I haven't done a DnB track for like forever... so I thought it was time. I've gone on the heavier side of things - just for the crack.

KICK is made in D16's PunchBox. I play around with the tuning and duration - allowing the kick to play the part of bass and kick.
NOISEY BASS - what can I say... I just went to town on this bass line... it pushes all the boundaries. Thanks to Pro-MB I was able to keep it leashed.
TOPS... a complete mash up of anything and everything I could get my hands on.

One thing new for me here is a new mixing trick... where I have 2 reverb buses... room and ambient and I send loads of tracks to this... morphing between them. This gives the impression of the music going from really close to far away. Quite trippy.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

18 Jun 2021

Session 2 - massive clean up to the mix... pushing the important stuff to the front and pushing others back a bit. It was an interesting exercise to get the bass line to fit - learnt lots here.
Check my Soundcloud:

Rising Night Wave

18 Jun 2021

danc, i willbe honest. but this is just my opinion an dmy taste.
you are complicating too much. but the base idea is f* great.
sounds really good. but in the middle of song on some parts...
... you are just too much complicating. too many elements.
i do not know. song somehow looses the main line and the main message.

this is what i feel about this your new track.

sorry if i was too straight. as i said this is only my oppinion. my point of view.

but the main part of song i really great.

also the production is really decent. really good.
levels, tempo, clarity, sounds,... nice.

that would be all from me.

cheers.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

danc

18 Jun 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
18 Jun 2021
danc, i willbe honest. but this is just my opinion an dmy taste.
you are complicating too much. but the base idea is f* great.
sounds really good. but in the middle of song on some parts...
... you are just too much complicating. too many elements.
i do not know. song somehow looses the main line and the main message.

this is what i feel about this your new track.

sorry if i was too straight. as i said this is only my oppinion. my point of view.

but the main part of song i really great.

also the production is really decent. really good.
levels, tempo, clarity, sounds,... nice.

that would be all from me.

cheers.
THANKS RNW... I totally want and appreciate straight honest reviews. I think I know exactly the part where you think it becomes too much. I am currently sat on the fence... one side of me thinks I like the fact it becomes too much (that's my PUNK brain!)... and the other part of me wants to reduce down some of the layers and make room for things (my CHOIR BOY brain!).

Actually - to help me out RNW... can you name start/stop times where you think it becomes too complicated. We might be thinking of different times.

I won't change things just yet. Will await and here for everyone else and then amend if it's consensus from many.
Check my Soundcloud:

Rising Night Wave

18 Jun 2021

well, danc, this is your song. your work. your little new song baby, hehe. so stick to your intuition.
i will tell you what you want to hear from me - from where to where. little later. atm i can not do that.
have other works to do. in few hours.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

danc

18 Jun 2021

Session 3 - lots of improvements here and there... tuning the kick down and down and down going super low in places to emphasise the deep bass.

Plus slowly rising EQ on room and ambient bus reverbs up to the end of 16 bar runs .... getting you ready for the drop.
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

21 Jun 2021

Intro is wicked but i feel the drop is very cluttered from 44 to 129 it sounds too thick cluttered but the breakdown sounds good again and the 2nd part up to works again 2.13 2.40 then its a bit overdone again till it breakdown again

so yeah I reckon you can make this a smasher, on the whole i just think you went over board on these sections but hay i understand jumping from genre to genre can be a challenge so fair play to you Dan :-) :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

21 Jun 2021

Skimrok wrote:
21 Jun 2021
Intro is wicked but i feel the drop is very cluttered from 44 to 129 it sounds too thick cluttered but the breakdown sounds good again and the 2nd part up to works again 2.13 2.40 then its a bit overdone again till it breakdown again

so yeah I reckon you can make this a smasher, on the whole i just think you went over board on these sections but hay i understand jumping from genre to genre can be a challenge so fair play to you Dan :-) :thumbs_up:
Thanks SKIMROK - I understand/agree with your points about those particular spots in the track. I will take a fresh look at them and see what I can do - I do want them to be heavy in that moment... just probably not that heavy!
Check my Soundcloud:

PhillipOrdonez

23 Jun 2021

Dem Kik and baz are effin killah, danc. 😂

You really went hardcore here. Reminds me of the super hardcore stuff by Dieselboy and similar artists in toughness, but with a strong and solid Caribbean sonic palette, punching through the crazy, aphex-twin like drum programming. Not my style at all but Kudos, great job.

killhamster

23 Jun 2021

I'm here for it, I really dig busy and noisy D&B and
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
23 Jun 2021
super hardcore stuff by Dieselboy and similar artists
so I get where you're coming from. It's very "clean" though, and I feel like it could even be a bit dirtier, e.g. there's a synth that comes in at about :44 in that could be dirtied up a bit with some overdrive or distortion. That sort of thing. Drums sound great though, no worries there.

PhillipOrdonez

23 Jun 2021

killhamster wrote:
23 Jun 2021
I'm here for it, I really dig busy and noisy D&B and
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
23 Jun 2021
super hardcore stuff by Dieselboy and similar artists
so I get where you're coming from. It's very "clean" though, and I feel like it could even be a bit dirtier, e.g. there's a synth that comes in at about :44 in that could be dirtied up a bit with some overdrive or distortion. That sort of thing. Drums sound great though, no worries there.
Sure thing it isn't the same style, it is like a hybrid, channeling that toughness with the sonic signature of a different style, and the drum programming reminiscent of yet another style. It is a salpicón. 🤷‍♂️

• Information