[BELEARIC TRANCE] WE RISE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

30 May 2021

Now this one started with a Yamaha DX100 bass line I created.... with the intention that I'd build and build and build... up to the point where it's just a wall of sound - aka trance.

With a hint of Balearic groove - courtesy of the usual suspects are here with 808, 909, 727 etc.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

30 May 2021

SESSION 2 - cleaned up the arrangement and builds up better me thinks now.
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2021

I like this a lot very funky head nodder. I know you like to get feedback/constructive criticism so all I would say is I would change nothing- very solid track

The_Real_DeanC2000

01 Jun 2021

I like it. Where did you sample the vocal? It sounds great.

danc

01 Jun 2021

The_Real_DeanC2000 wrote:
01 Jun 2021
I like it. Where did you sample the vocal? It sounds great.
Thanks DeanC appreciate the love - the vocal was originally taken from ADSR. Some years ago they had a sale on where they sold a bundle of about 10 vocal packs. However... the vocal has been heavily processed, chopped/cut-up, sped up, key-changed, vocoder'ed, so it sounds nothing like the original.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

01 Jun 2021

Popey wrote:
01 Jun 2021
I like this a lot very funky head nodder. I know you like to get feedback/constructive criticism so all I would say is I would change nothing- very solid track
Thanks POPEY!

The melody for me feels really repetitive... but maybe that's the charm of this kind of track. It digs deep into your skull - and you start humming it once it ends. For me the melody is like an old skool video game tune (Tetris style).
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2021

danc wrote:
01 Jun 2021
Popey wrote:
01 Jun 2021
Thanks POPEY!

The melody for me feels really repetitive... but maybe that's the charm of this kind of track. It digs deep into your skull - and you start humming it once it ends. For me the melody is like an old skool video game tune (Tetris style).
I hadn't even noticed any repetitiveness and still don't think it is having listened again.

It might be the same melody but for me the changes in other aspects of the track create the anticipation of what is coming next to the point that you are always hearing new things (sure i heard somewhere that us humans can only concentrate on a certain number of elements in a song at once). Just seemed like a cool track that builds constantly and something i certainly would enjoy in a club.

danc

01 Jun 2021

Popey wrote:
01 Jun 2021
danc wrote:
01 Jun 2021

Thanks POPEY!

I hadn't even noticed any repetitiveness and still don't think it is having listened again.

It might be the same melody but for me the changes in other aspects of the track create the anticipation of what is coming next to the point that you are always hearing new things (sure i heard somewhere that us humans can only concentrate on a certain number of elements in a song at once). Just seemed like a cool track that builds constantly and something i certainly would enjoy in a club.
After quite a few re-listens I actually agree... it builds and evolves... so... although the underlying melody is the same there is enough variation to keep interest. And us humans do like to get comfy with something we know.

Also - no-one spotted but I did a typo on the genre in this RT forum header... it's BALEARIC not BELEARIC. But hey ho... what's a spelling mistake between friends?! In a straw poll asking people to spell BALEARIC most would probably spell it wrong anyway - it's not something you write down every day of the week.
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

02 Jun 2021

its getting at a stage IMO a lot of your music needs to be realised and played by DJs i don't think I'm away with the fairy's this is another strong tune , good stuff Dan :clap:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

02 Jun 2021

Skimrok wrote:
02 Jun 2021
its getting at a stage IMO a lot of your music needs to be realised and played by DJs i don't think I'm away with the fairy's this is another strong tune , good stuff Dan :clap:
THANKS SKIMROK - that brought a smile and confirmation that putting blo***dy far too many hours in to push myself further with this little hobby is worth the effort.

My biggest issue with commercial electronic tracks (pretty much all genres) is that everything just sounds like everything else - seriously... you have absolutely no idea who is who. You could splice the top five Beatport techno tracks back to back and you wouldn't have a clue that you've transitioned from one to another. Ok - that's great for a DJ to mix (!) but you want people to LOVE loads of different unique artists for being unique not cookie cutter sh*i*te. Is it me just having a moan, or is this really true? We seem to have got into a rut of me too.

My goal, before I go commercial, is to have a "sound" where you know it's me and it's immediately liked because you like my sound. Not saying I'm there... if ever... I hope I will get there... but I don't want to be lost in the Beatport swamp of mediocre machine gun released rubbish.

(RANT OVER)
Check my Soundcloud:

man made material

02 Jun 2021

Nice! I like the way the hook motif is constantly evolving, break down just when it needs to hit... then build back up to mental to round it out... v cool!

• Information