[remixes: minimal techno, really minimal techno, coldwave, 90s club, illbient] BERLINBOX

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

24 May 2021

Basically with this I wanted to experiment with making some remixes of the same track, so I started with a one off I did recently that was in a mid 2000s minimal techno style, and added some vocals. The vocals were pitched up an octave in Neptune, and I played with the voicesynth on it as well, which I've never done before - quite pleased with the results.

And then re-mixed in various styles. So:

mix 1 - as I said, minimal techno.
mix 2 - I was going for a kind of Pan Sonic sound, so 808 kicks and sine waves.
mix 3 - inspired by Being Boiled, Warm Leatherette - cold wave in other words which is appropriate seeing as it's like three degrees where I am right now.
mix 4 - started life as sounding like the Boom Boom Satellites mix of Garbage's Push It which if you've never heard it is actually pretty great, but mutated into a blatant rip off of Born Slippy, hence the section near the end that's just drums.
mix 5 - also inspired by a Garbage remix, Tricky's 'acoustic' reworking of Milk which is also worth a listen if you haven't. (not the Wicked mix which is quite straight forward, but another one he did that sounds like you drank a whole lot of cough syrup).

• Information