(electronic,80s-ish) Voyager 2

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
man made material

13 May 2021

first song to share on here... gulp!...
This is written as a message to us from Voyager 2 as it hurtles off into deep space...
Everything is done in Reason 11

Popey
Competition Winner

13 May 2021

Nice track i really enjoyed a the synth sounds and the feel of the track, its very polished. There were elements in there that reminded me of edm/trance and I was wishing there were some drums in there to drive it along, however this is just due to the types of music i usually listen too and totally get this was not your vision for this song. It added an extra element at the end when some drums came in. Really good song.

EdwardKiy

14 May 2021

Cool ultravox/duranduran/tears-for-fears vibe! Drums no later than at 0:58+ please, and maybe some elements even earlier. Vocal a bit too dry (needs more reverb) for this style I think. Explore more range with the vocal. Lots of potential here.

raymondh

14 May 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
14 May 2021
Cool ultravox/duranduran/tears-for-fears vibe! Drums no later than at 0:58+ please, and maybe some elements even earlier. Vocal a bit too dry (needs more reverb) for this style I think. Explore more range with the vocal. Lots of potential here.
I agree - good advice here.
The phrase "The things I've seen" would be a good place to introduce something rhythmic but subtle.
A bit more reverb would be good.

That said, it's a lovely song and really like how delicate it is.

It also reminds me a little bit of Freur, especially with the late drums.

Nicely done!!

Skimrok

17 May 2021

love what you trying to do here , i do agree the vocal in places is very dry , as for the drums being moved forward I'm in two minds but hay nice first tune on here
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

man made material

17 May 2021

Thanks for listening @popey @EdwardKiy @raymondh @Skimrok !
I appreciate your comments... the things you bring up are also things I considered quite a bit... so here’s why I made those choices (I’m not saying they’re right!) I kept the lead vox reverb free because I thought it felt more intimate and vulnerable- I wanted to try and humanise the voyager probe... I had quite a bit of reverb on the BVs and thought that gave enough lushness/space... it took all my self restraint to hold the drums back right until the end as I thought they had more impact and it felt like being breaking through something (out of the solar system)... again not saying I’m right just why I made those choices.... cheers guys👍

• Information