[TECH HOUSE] BOYS

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

04 May 2021

Here's 'BOYS'... something light and fun for the dance floor.
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

05 May 2021

love the sounds Dan it really Pops great tune very pro production :cool:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

05 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
05 May 2021
love the sounds Dan it really Pops great tune very pro production :cool:
Thanks Skimrok - appreciate your support.

I've been really honing in on drums, looking at ways of ensuring that they are the foundational support to the melody and bass... think of it as a drummer playing along with the band, rather than jamming away in their own world irrespective of what the rest of the band are playing. Basically - I've been practicing how to ensure that each single percussive hit (and the overall groove) enhances and NOT clashes with the melody/bass.

I've been very conscious of late that I need to get better at giving 'space' for all the sounds in a track - not just the usual positioning correctly the EQ spectrum of sounds or side-chaining - but the timing of things... and I am talking millisecond nudges (not to build groove - but to ensure each transient are distinctly heard... our ears are amazing at picking things out if the transient has a split millisecond of separation).

A great resource on this is "Mixing with impact - Learning to Make Musical Choices" by Wessel Oltheten. Great book.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information