(Drum & Bass) RBM - The Incident

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
killhamster

16 Apr 2021

Made this last year and submitted it to be on this year's DEF CON soundtrack since they took another one of my tracks last year. Figured I'd get involved with trading feedback on here.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2021

Really like this track and gave it a like on soundcloud the other day. You make some really cool stuff.

Actually read the text about the song just now and assume it was written about raf bentwaters/woodbridge in suffolk. Had a American friend at school who's dad worked there so spent a lot of time skateboarding on the air force base (the parts I was allowed in). Still miss Welch's soda to this day 😀

Skimrok

17 Apr 2021

yeah I like your flow I enjoyed listening :thumbup:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

killhamster

17 Apr 2021

Popey wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Really like this track and gave it a like on soundcloud the other day. You make some really cool stuff.

Actually read the text about the song just now and assume it was written about raf bentwaters/woodbridge in suffolk. Had a American friend at school who's dad worked there so spent a lot of time skateboarding on the air force base (the parts I was allowed in). Still miss Welch's soda to this day 😀
Yep, that's the one :puf_smile: It's one of the bigger incidents in UFO lore and having the radio comms available made it especially ripe for sampling.

I did something a little different for this one. Usually I'll just use complete drumloops or write my own but this time around I loaded a Kong with Nurse Rex players and took little slices from a bunch of classic D&B loops and pieced them together in new patterns. It was definitely a different way to approach it and I think it turned out well. Lots of work though.

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2021

killhamster wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Popey wrote:
17 Apr 2021

Yep, that's the one :puf_smile: It's one of the bigger incidents in UFO lore and having the radio comms available made it especially ripe for sampling.

I did something a little different for this one. Usually I'll just use complete drumloops or write my own but this time around I loaded a Kong with Nurse Rex players and took little slices from a bunch of classic D&B loops and pieced them together in new patterns. It was definitely a different way to approach it and I think it turned out well. Lots of work though.
That's cool and took me back thinking of bentwaters and my teens. Was quite poignant as sadly the friend who I went there all the time with passed away a couple of years ago. I appreciate the hard work and time you spent slicing loops as it sounds great.

• Information