(Dark) They Are Here

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2021

I've been messing around with the new Reason Algoritm RE and put together a few songs. In the end, I was really only feeling one of them so I turned up the weird factor and ran with it.

They Are Here.

Open to any comments, likes, dislikes, criticism, etc.

Auryn

20 Mar 2021

strangers wrote:
20 Mar 2021
I've been messing around with the new Reason Algoritm RE and put together a few songs. In the end, I was really only feeling one of them so I turned up the weird factor and ran with it.

They Are Here.

[soundcloud_track]<a class="vglnk" href="[/soundcloud_track" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>soundcloud</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>officialstrangers</span><span>/</span><span>they</span><span>-</span><span>are</span><span>-</span><span>here</span><span>[/</span><span>soundcloud</span><span>_</span><span>track</span></a>]

Open to any comments, likes, dislikes, criticism, etc.
Awesome little track here... spookadelic and pretty unique from a sound design perspective. I loved the crazy detuned string type sounds in the climax. The sparse beat was also really well done. Wish it were longer though!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

jappe

20 Mar 2021

Sounds great, very nice dark mood!
What a surprise it would be to have this music on a funeral.
But for an apocalyptic movie, perfect.
The silent aliens arriving in masses, we can only helplessly watch.
At 1:16 we fully understand why they are here, and it's not fun.

strangers
Competition Winner

21 Mar 2021

Auryn wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Awesome little track here... spookadelic and pretty unique from a sound design perspective. I loved the crazy detuned string type sounds in the climax. The sparse beat was also really well done. Wish it were longer though!
I messed around with the mod matrix quite a bit for each of the patches to hone in on the weirdness. Glad to hear it paid off. This one will be expanded upon in the future. Due to the limitations of the song contest I couldn't do everything I had in mind so this will be re-worked for another project in the very near future. The dark and creepiness ensues. Stay tuned.
jappe wrote:
20 Mar 2021
Sounds great, very nice dark mood!
What a surprise it would be to have this music on a funeral.
But for an apocalyptic movie, perfect.
The silent aliens arriving in masses, we can only helplessly watch.
At 1:16 we fully understand why they are here, and it's not fun.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to hear the idea in my head translated well enough for others to envision what I had in mind. :lol: I agree this wouldn't be the right song for a funeral. I'd watch the alien invasion you're talking about though.

• Information