[techno] Motown Defense Systems

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

13 Mar 2021

Six tracks I did kind of in the style of old school Detroit techno - been listening a lot to UR, and Derrick May although a little bit less and he's kind of problematic.

Made with Boom 808 drum machine with extra bass drum sounds to beef up the top end of the kick, and various instruments, largely Thor.

trigger, it's kind of political but I've been feeling a bit uncomfortable making work that doesn't engage with the global shitshow.

"Six techno tracks recorded in January and February 2021.

I acknowledge the geniuses of colour whose work is the foundation this music is built on, and which means everything.

Cover image: anti Apartheid protesters and police face off on the intersection of High St and Manse St, Dunedin, during the Springbok rugby tour of New Zealand in 1981. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_South_Africa_rugby_union_tour_of_New_Zealand_and_the_United_States

Sampled vocals:
an anonymous lecturer from a youtube documentary about "pyramid energy" (can't find the link but it was garbage anyway)
Trevor Noah's speech about the social contract www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4amCfVbA_c&t=1s
JFK's Oval Office address on the Cuban Missile Crisis www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJSCM29ggo
Greta Thunberg speaking to the United Nations* www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAJsdgTPJpU&t=154s
AOC questioning Mark Zuckerberg www.youtube.com/watch?v=G272R50v6ww&t=15s

*not the first time I've used this, and not the last."

motuscott

13 Mar 2021

Tell it
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information