(progressive pop)Predator Wins

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

07 Mar 2021

Hey yall,

This is one in a series of tracks from a couple of years ago... I mainly used hardware synths for everything, but I've since sold all those. I was planning to make an album of tracks all like these, but didn't get around to finishing it... Otherwise I did the sidechaining with the SSL mixer, and good old synapse EQ and reverbs. Used that OTT by xfer records VST, it's pretty awesome.

I'd love some feedback on the mix, if it's too bassy or not, etc. I mix mainly with headphones these days as living in an apartment complex.

Cheers!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2021

I like it. Cool track. :thumbs_up: You really have your own sound, which is a great thing.
I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the harder parts felt a bit messy to me, like it was a bit hard to hear everything clearly. Could be that many sounds have a lot of reverb. Or that they occupy the same frequency range. Or that it's just so many instruments playing at the same time.
Of course if that's the effect you're after then it's not really a problem. But for me it felt a bit messy during those (harder) parts.

Bloma

07 Mar 2021

Thanks Tritone. Yeah, I agree. There's a lot of layers happening at once there, and I think the sidechain is a little bit off. I'll have a go at taming it a bit, maybe doing some more filtering. I was definitely going for a thick sound, but not messy.

Bloma

07 Mar 2021

I updated the mix... I tried to make it clearer, but then realised I took the oomph out of it, so tried to find a middle ground.

Skimrok

10 Mar 2021

I really like it my only advice I feel that drums don't have enough boom for the tune its a bit muddy, but boy when that is looked at this is going to be ill!! maybe its just my view but that's all I can say from someone whish is still trying to make things work mtself

really good tune :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2021

Bloma wrote:
07 Mar 2021
I updated the mix... I tried to make it clearer, but then realised I took the oomph out of it, so tried to find a middle ground.
I think the mix is a little clearer now. But it's hard to tell when going of memory and not being able to compare the different versions side by side.
In the end the only opinion that matters is your own.

Again nice tune. :thumbs_up:

• Information