(Electronic/New Retro) Neon City Nights

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
eXode

28 Feb 2021

Hi,

Some sort of new retro inspired track made with Algoritm and Umpf Retro Beats for drums. Kind of made it on a whim.

Enjoy!
Last edited by eXode on 20 Mar 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

Cool track, is it all algoritm presets or your own creations?

eXode

28 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
Cool track, is it all algoritm presets or your own creations?
Both =)

The solo lead is heavily modified from Bleeding Edge -eX, then the following Algoritm presets
  • Complex Bass -eX
  • Fool You Bass -eX
  • Ambient Dream -eX
  • Digital Heart -eX
  • Analog Soul -eX
I tweaked Fool You Bass -eX and Ambient Dream -eX a little. Fool You Bass got some stereo spread treatment, while Ambient Dream got some envelope tweaks I believe.

Thanks!

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

Ah so you have designed some of the included patches.....

Should have guessed that you would have done some patches for RS, what do you think of the overall synth anything that you would prefer was implemented / improvements ?

eXode

28 Feb 2021

Overall, I think Algoritm is a really nice synth. Really approachable, and I love the fact that you can choose to use it as a traditional VA too. Its a good allround synth and also nice complement to Europa, imho. It's versatile without loosing focus. =)

My small wish is that they would add modifier keys for the Curve 1 and 2, i.e. ctrl+click would reset and shift+click would allow you to draw lines like in the Matrix Pattern Sequencer.

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

Well that's three really useful features that have been suggested within the first week that I hope get implemented.

Your's and the module randomizer lock.

• Information