Techno - Gizza Job!

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
craste

10 Feb 2021

My first ever Techno track.

I wanted to do a track containing sound bites from the BBC's 'Boys From The Blackstuff' and 'Yossers Story' - (the, in my opinion, best piece of British TV drama ever!) if you haven't seen it, I encourage you to watch it!

If you can leave some feedback that would be great!

Yosser's Story: After his wife leaves him, Yosser Hughes struggles to hold his family together, but with no work and the police and social services closing in, he is driven towards a final desperate act.

Billy+

10 Feb 2021

Another interesting one Craig, but I bet you know what I'm going to say.....

Loose the drums more in a few places, I think you're transitioning into a break but you're leaving them drums running. I think the track / listeners would benefit from it..

Other than that, I'm listening on a mono iPad and it was loud and audible :thumbs_up: nice work.

PhillipOrdonez

10 Feb 2021

Kick and bass say techno, snare and synths say something else... Not sure what.. house, electro House, French house?

There's a disconnect there that doesn't work for me, Craig. It is cool but odd to me personally.

craste

11 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Another interesting one Craig, but I bet you know what I'm going to say.....

Loose the drums more in a few places, I think you're transitioning into a break but you're leaving them drums running. I think the track / listeners would benefit from it..

Other than that, I'm listening on a mono iPad and it was loud and audible :thumbs_up: nice work.
Hey Billy,

thanks for feedback - I'll look into that part where I have left the kick running albeit with a high pass filter on it.

I did mute the kick before but it sounded proper empty, think its because I've not got any 16th hats running. Hhmmmmm I'll have to have a play around.

Defo listen on your speakers or headphones as I guess the iPad speakers won't pick up the lower bass frequencies.

Have you seen the drama on TV?

Cheers

Craig.

craste

11 Feb 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Kick and bass say techno, snare and synths say something else... Not sure what.. house, electro House, French house?

There's a disconnect there that doesn't work for me, Craig. It is cool but odd to me personally.
Hi Phillip

Thanks for taking the time to reply again.

Yes the drums were from a Techno sample pack but the synths were from Diva and Repro - I just loved the sound of them.

I'm happy with your remark of Cool and Odd though - cos I'm a bit like that!

Defo Odd, less cool though! Ha ha

Have you seen Yosser's Story on TV?

PhillipOrdonez

11 Feb 2021

craste wrote:
11 Feb 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
10 Feb 2021

Hi Phillip

Thanks for taking the time to reply again.

Yes the drums were from a Techno sample pack but the synths were from Diva and Repro - I just loved the sound of them.

I'm happy with your remark of Cool and Odd though - cos I'm a bit like that!

Defo Odd, less cool though! Ha ha

Have you seen Yosser's Story on TV?
Haha

If you wanna get into making techno I suggest you listen to a lot of it. There's several variants of it. I like lots of artists like deepchild, Adriana Lopez, Tim Xavier, Spencer Parker, radio slave, deadbeat, and a lot the classic stuff. I'm not up to date with what's popular in the genre these days cause I don't really listen to much techno anymore.

Nah I don't watch TV! 😀

Billy+

11 Feb 2021

I would agree there is definitely a disconnect between the specified genre and the track, I can't quite put my finger on it. And drum free sections are acceptable and it really would help I think even if only for a bar.

As for the tv program, I haven't got a clue..

But hey keep them coming and did you revisit the previous track?

• Information