(pop-punk/90s) Bedroom Demos

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
aegisninja

24 Jan 2021

This collection of demos was collectively the last thing I recorded in Reason early last year. I've moved on to another DAW, but I stumbled into these demos again on my hard-drive and decided they didn't sound too bad so I released them. I hope you guys enjoy them.

rabidonthetrack

24 Jan 2021

I know you don't need another useless jerk's opinion but this is very impressive. Adding this to my Spotify library.

What exactly was recorded in Reason? How was the instrumentation produced?

aegisninja

25 Jan 2021

rabidonthetrack wrote:
24 Jan 2021
I know you don't need another useless jerk's opinion but this is very impressive. Adding this to my Spotify library.

What exactly was recorded in Reason? How was the instrumentation produced?
Guitars and bass were recorded with DI directly into Reason using Bias FX for the amp sim. Vocals were recorded with an SM7B. Drums were EZ drummer.

rabidonthetrack

25 Jan 2021

aegisninja wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Guitars and bass were recorded with DI directly into Reason using Bias FX for the amp sim. Vocals were recorded with an SM7B. Drums were EZ drummer.
Great work! Thanks for sharing.

aegisninja

25 Jan 2021

rabidonthetrack wrote:
25 Jan 2021
aegisninja wrote:
25 Jan 2021
Great work! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for listening!

estuary

26 Jan 2021

Good songwriting/arrangement
very 90s, I like that

by the way what bass guitar did you used for recording?

gritz

26 Jan 2021

loving this stuff... always amazed by EZ drummer and people who use these tools to replicate live music.
love that you managed to get the live punk feel

aegisninja

26 Jan 2021

estuary wrote:
26 Jan 2021
Good songwriting/arrangement
very 90s, I like that

by the way what bass guitar did you used for recording?
It was a Fender MIM Jazz bass, but the fact that the bass is clearly audible is mainly due to the fact that I high passed the guitars pretty hard and pushed them further back in the mix. Also, the bass has a weird buzz on the A string that sounds awful when exposed, but oddly enough makes it sit way better in the mix.

Fotu

27 Jan 2021

Nice sound... I like hearing this kind of music out of Reason. Great vocals!

I've also shifted to another DAW after about producing about 70 mostly rock backing tracks on Reason. I'd probably still be with Reason if they added sequencer workflow improvements; will be interesting to see what comes out later this year.

aegisninja

27 Jan 2021

Fotu wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Nice sound... I like hearing this kind of music out of Reason. Great vocals!

I've also shifted to another DAW after about producing about 70 mostly rock backing tracks on Reason. I'd probably still be with Reason if they added sequencer workflow improvements; will be interesting to see what comes out later this year.
Yeah, I primarily made the switch because I felt like Reason just wasn't doing enough with the DAW itself anymore. Editing live drums in Reason would be a nightmare. I still think it's great for what it is though.

jamesa

28 Jan 2021

This sounds "radio ready". Did you mix and master it in Reason? Well done.

aegisninja

30 Jan 2021

jamesa wrote:
28 Jan 2021
This sounds "radio ready". Did you mix and master it in Reason? Well done.
Yep, everything was in Reason.

• Information