Drum and Bass / Trouble Maker Skimrok

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Skimrok

21 Jan 2021

another one from me
Last edited by Skimrok on 21 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

21 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
21 Jan 2021
another one from me
You are DEFINITELY getting better with each new track. Love the vocal snatch - sounds like it's from a Carry On movie - Barbara Windsor.

Couple of thoughts... after about the 3rd drop and bring everything back in... I feel like it needs to explore new areas, whereas at the moment it just feels like a repeat of the previous section. I know you introduce some new bass etc. But it feels like it needs to go down a new road, with some new ideas, or take the melody on a journey to somewhere new.

Production wise - you are def getting the basses in there and the hi are clean. I sometimes feel you are missing something in the mid-range - it's like top and bottom and no middle. Feels like someone in the band has decided not to turn up!
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

21 Jan 2021

Thanks Dan yeah I always feel I'm lacking elements and like you others do say they same its like its on repeat what I do, I think its actually down to me not knowing what I'm doing ie the craft im too shy to ask my music friends which perhaps my own worse enemy ,, with this info being reinforced I'm going to have to learn frequency's better and what should fill spaces in the frequency band, and patterns on a switch up to make it more interesting as a tune , with that said I wont stop till i get this all in check , thanks a lot ;)
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

21 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
21 Jan 2021
Thanks Dan yeah I always feel I'm lacking elements and like you others do say they same its like its on repeat what I do, I think its actually down to me not knowing what I'm doing ie the craft im too shy to ask my music friends which perhaps my own worse enemy ,, with this info being reinforced I'm going to have to learn frequency's better and what should fill spaces in the frequency band, and patterns on a switch up to make it more interesting as a tune , with that said I wont stop till i get this all in check , thanks a lot ;)
Whatever you do - don't feel down-hearted by it because this is the makings of a really good track. Regarding the mids... put a band-pass filter on your music so all you hear is the mid-range. Now listen to each section of the track and decide what is "owning" this space? If it's just the top of the bass and low's of the highs.. then that is your answer.. you have to explore finding something to take that space.

And NO - never give up. At this rate you will be pro!
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

21 Jan 2021

danc wrote:
21 Jan 2021
Skimrok wrote:
21 Jan 2021
Whatever you do - don't feel down-hearted by it because this is the makings of a really good track. Regarding the mids... put a band-pass filter on your music so all you hear is the mid-range. Now listen to each section of the track and decide what is "owning" this space? If it's just the top of the bass and low's of the highs.. then that is your answer.. you have to explore finding something to take that space.

And NO - never give up. At this rate you will be pro!
Thank you Dan its all good I didn't feel like that ;) I was more grateful for the suggestions and tips :cool: I will take a few days out then get back at it :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2021

Cool track Skimrok, love the vocal sample. Really like how punchy you get your drums, certainly something I am trying to get better myself but you get it spot on. Keep up the good work 👍

Skimrok

23 Jan 2021

Popey wrote:
22 Jan 2021
Cool track Skimrok, love the vocal sample. Really like how punchy you get your drums, certainly something I am trying to get better myself but you get it spot on. Keep up the good work 👍
Thank you Popey im hoping my rework will bring everything together myself I look forward to your next creation :thumbs_up:

• Information