[dark electro] Matt Aquila - The Insomniac

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Aquila

19 Jan 2021

Hi all, this one started out as a bit of noodling inspired by some incidental music I heard on TV. Somehow it ended up growing into one of the darkest and hardest tunes I have ever written.

Made 100% in Reason 10 primarily using Antidote, Polysix and Redrum. Would love to know what you think.

Jagwah

19 Jan 2021

Aquila wrote:
19 Jan 2021
Hi all, this one started out as a bit of noodling inspired by some incidental music I heard on TV...
Damn dude, really cool. The melody has a very 'end of the world everything is hopeless' type feel, really dark and grooving too. The dubsteppy type feel in other parts of the track is really cool, I didn't know you rolled like that, kick ass man.

Aquila

20 Jan 2021

Jagwah wrote:
19 Jan 2021
I didn't know you rolled like that, kick ass man.
Thank you. I like to keep an element of versatility with my stuff.

Jagwah

21 Jan 2021

Aquila wrote:
20 Jan 2021
Jagwah wrote:
19 Jan 2021
I didn't know you rolled like that, kick ass man.
Thank you. I like to keep an element of versatility with my stuff.
I just took a look at you Soundcloud and I see what you mean, you do great in loads of genres I love your retrowave and the rest is really cool too, you're doing really well man!! You do seem to like your kicks big, you have such a great stuff going on in your tracks I find it a tiny bit dominating, but by all means keep doing your thing!

Skimrok

21 Jan 2021

WOW that catches you attention right from the off, very clean tune im a oldschool Electro fan from the 80s so Im sure the new Electro is more like this , sounds dubstep synth vibes going on now and again also , I really enjoyed this , mad props!!
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

FHtH

21 Jan 2021

Very good!

rabidonthetrack

25 Jan 2021

This track goes hard indeed and you have a great blend of different synth sounds.

Auryn

25 Jan 2021

Aquila wrote:
19 Jan 2021
Hi all, this one started out as a bit of noodling inspired by some incidental music I heard on TV. Somehow it ended up growing into one of the darkest and hardest tunes I have ever written.

Made 100% in Reason 10 primarily using Antidote, Polysix and Redrum. Would love to know what you think.
'Slamming' is the appropriate word here. Lol the switch up half way made me actually switch tabs so as to check whether it was still the same track I was listening to. Great stuff. What synths are you using here?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

gritz

26 Jan 2021

love tracks like this.. starting with a key lead pattern and building on it... and I love the change in the middle like you decided to change direction

• Information