Drum And Bass - The Skies 174bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2021

My Latest project below. Needs to be mixed and eq'd properly but hope you enjoy.

Thoughts/comments appreciated.

Edit: Deleted track, new version below
Last edited by Popey on 18 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Rising Night Wave

17 Jan 2021

huh that synth bass at 00:45 :) cool it sounds very cool. so far what you did sounds okay and good. really.
only, sorry for saying this, the style of this dnb song is not my fav. i prefer more aggressive dnb. this your's song is just too mellow. sorry okey?
but song is interesting. i listened it in whole. very good song. as i said production whit what you did so far is okey and good. it sounds perfect to me. really. levels and so.

thumbs up. :P

ps: that tractor synth at the end is amazing. did you use a distortion over it? it sounds very dirty and nasty. :puf_wink:
ps2: aha, i forgot to say: this song is, by my taste, okey to be finished. it sounds complete. well done. i would not add nothing. it sounds perfect and well done. i am talking about construction and transitions and effects and so. for my taste it would be good to only do a proper mixing and proper eq-ing. that would be all and enough. if you are not skilled with compressioning and limiting be careful. i have a lot of problems with that. and since i do not know how much you are skilled about compressioning and limiting i said so. well okey, enough with talking. do the job, man. thumbs up. :thumbs_up:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2021

Thanks rising night wave👍 few dodgy levels on some sounds but will sort that in the mix. My sound is kinda mellow I agree but that's cool as we all like different things.

Sorry I dont know what a tractor synth sound is but if you mean the bassline it is made up of a sub layer (serum) and then modulated top bassline (vital) which does utilise vitals onboard distortion fx.

Popey
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2021

updated version. comments welcomed :)

Skimrok

21 Jan 2021

nice and chilled I could imagine this being played on a sunday session the day after raving while everybody is on a calm one , sounds jiggy on my speakers
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
21 Jan 2021
nice and chilled I could imagine this being played on a sunday session the day after raving while everybody is on a calm one , sounds jiggy on my speakers
Thanks Skimrok appreciate the feedback. I am aware my style is quite laid back for drum and bass it just seems the way I go with it and dnb tunes I buy all are on the mellow liquid style. I Just keep practising and (hopefully) improving.

• Information