[D&B] Void

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
boesOne

16 Jan 2021

Any feedback is very welcome :)

Rising Night Wave

16 Jan 2021

hm. i think the tempo is not the right. i do not feel the vibe. then on some parts the song is just too empty. perhaps you should add some more sounds.
othervise song is very interesting.

for my knowledge and experiences production is good. only maybe cymbals/hihats are too quiet. are not distinguised enough in song since they make that dnb style.
and maybe pads in this song are too loud. this is all i noticed that maybe should be repaired. other things i think work fine.

but according to song's name "Void" this somehow just works fine with what you did.

- - - - - what i would do in this song - - - - -

ps: okey, maybe bass drum should be more massive and pounding. it would work fine with that snare drum as a contra to that small/thiny/modest snare drum. - that is just my oppinion. i would do that.

ps2: is compressions present in this song? sorry (to you and to others) - i do not hear it. i also would do that - to gain compression. again this is just my oppinion what i personally would do.

ps3: and i would change the song name since then the vibev and feeling wold not be what word "Vibe" describes. i would somehow change name in vein that i am not satisfied with emptiness and that i do not give up.

ps4: be positive, damn. do not give up. i just hope this song you made is not based on any of your life's loss or something like that. this is ver delicate thing. but personally i would do what i described in ps1-ps4.

- - - - - - - - - -

thumbs up.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

drk73

16 Jan 2021

Very good! ๐Ÿ‘

boesOne

16 Jan 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote: โ†‘
16 Jan 2021
hm. i think the tempo is not the right. i do not feel the vibe. then on some parts the song is just too empty. perhaps you should add some more sounds.
othervise song is very interesting.

for my knowledge and experiences production is good. only maybe cymbals/hihats are too quiet. are not distinguised enough in song since they make that dnb style.
and maybe pads in this song are too loud. this is all i noticed that maybe should be repaired. other things i think work fine.

but according to song's name "Void" this somehow just works fine with what you did.

- - - - - what i would do in this song - - - - -

ps: okey, maybe bass drum should be more massive and pounding. it would work fine with that snare drum as a contra to that small/thiny/modest snare drum. - that is just my oppinion. i would do that.

ps2: is compressions present in this song? sorry (to you and to others) - i do not hear it. i also would do that - to gain compression. again this is just my oppinion what i personally would do.

ps3: and i would change the song name since then the vibev and feeling wold not be what word "Vibe" describes. i would somehow change name in vein that i am not satisfied with emptiness and that i do not give up.

ps4: be positive, damn. do not give up. i just hope this song you made is not based on any of your life's loss or something like that. this is ver delicate thing. but personally i would do what i described in ps1-ps4.

- - - - - - - - - -

thumbs up.
First of all, thanks for the listening and the time you took for the lengthy response :) much appreciated.
To answer some questions. The is some compression from the reason master compressor, but just a little. No side chaining.

I see your point on the emptyness. Yes, it is a bit minimal. I guess this is because my former habit of endlessly introducing new sounds and effects to try to livin up a track. I decided to try to make the best of a smaller set of sounds, but i might have overdone it a bit. Good point!

Good point on the percussion. thx!

I'm not depressed :) But i like to create tracks with this vibe. Big influences are NIN, Front242, MBM and that sort of stuff. So, i'm ''happy'' the track conveys the gloomy mood.

Again, thanks for the great feedback!

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2021

I quite like this track some really good sounds. I would echo some of the things rising night wave as for me the drums and bass seemed a bit lost behind the synth sounds (maybe just a bit louder is all they need). Other than that some great creative ideas here, good work ๐Ÿ‘

boesOne

16 Jan 2021

Popey wrote: โ†‘
16 Jan 2021
I quite like this track some really good sounds. I would echo some of the things rising night wave as for me the drums and bass seemed a bit lost behind the synth sounds (maybe just a bit louder is all they need). Other than that some great creative ideas here, good work ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for listening Popey! And thanks :)

Before listening on my KRK's the bass was much louder. Too much so i dialed it back. Maybe a tad too much.
Gonna try to let drums punch through the synths more.

thx, this is helpful :)

boesOne

03 Feb 2021

I've updated the track using the input from popey and rising night wave. :) thx guys.

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2021

That's cool and the changes to the drums really help drive the track along. Really like it.

I hope you dont mind me saying but the hi hat/cymbal that comes in at 1min 04 seems overly bright and may need a bit of volume/filter automation to tame it a little bit or bring it's full spectrum in gradually. Hope your ok with me saying this as I find feedback on this forum helpful and love everything else about the track.

Feel free to comment on any of my tracks on here as I am still in my infancy and find different perspectives/comments helpful in my development๐Ÿ‘

boesOne

06 Feb 2021

Popey wrote: โ†‘
03 Feb 2021
That's cool and the changes to the drums really help drive the track along. Really like it.

I hope you dont mind me saying but the hi hat/cymbal that comes in at 1min 04 seems overly bright and may need a bit of volume/filter automation to tame it a little bit or bring it's full spectrum in gradually. Hope your ok with me saying this as I find feedback on this forum helpful and love everything else about the track.

Feel free to comment on any of my tracks on here as I am still in my infancy and find different perspectives/comments helpful in my development๐Ÿ‘
I don't mind at all! Any feedback and input is welcome as i've listened to the track a 1000 times already and outside perspective is very welcome. Glad you like it.

The cymbal is indeed a bit on the brighter side. thx!

• Information