New song - critic please

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
gritz

04 Jan 2021

gritz

04 Jan 2021

Loque

04 Jan 2021

Good stuff. Add a vocal/sing to it or add a bit more drama to the song, to entertain me a bit more, like the typical song structure stuff, like chorus, verse etc.
The guitar at the end is out of tune, well at least to the track and to my ears.

You are on the right way, keep it up :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

EdwardKiy

04 Jan 2021

This is going to be a great song. The dynamics are a bit flat at times, but they'll become obvious to correct when you add the vocal. The 3:11 guitar solo needs space. Go go go!

guitfnky

04 Jan 2021

nice. you’ve already got a great ear—just could use some refinement (which will come with more practice). I agree the song would benefit greatly from vocals. the piano could benefit from some work—the note velocities and releases are a bit heavy-handed in spots. can’t tell if I dislike the piano patch itself or just not digging it because of the way it’s performed/programmed. I could probably stand a bit more reverb on the piano, too.

love the guitar swells. I’d try dialing back the distortion on the accent/guitar throughout much of the song. one thing I’ve learned playing guitar is that you almost always need less distortion than you think. just a little grit is usually more than enough to add bite and aggression without being too much, even (and sometimes especially) in heavier music.

it’s already coming along really nicely. just a few tweaks, and some vocals, and you’ll have a great tune.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gritz

05 Jan 2021

Thanks guys much appreciated feedback - waiting on my singer to create some lyrics thanks COVID.
Worried that the guitar solo was out of tune now perhaps if I put it through auto tune it will sound better?

Piano by me not the best pianist in the world and had to focus as it’s a funny tempo literally wrote it in one sitting and then built round the piano

gritz

05 Jan 2021

Maybe solo needs to be a semi tone up

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2021

gritz wrote:
05 Jan 2021
Maybe solo needs to be a semi tone up
Don’t auto tune it. Tune your guitar and re-record it. You’ll be happier.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

05 Jan 2021

I honestly don’t think there’s anything wrong with the guitar solo (performance-wise, or tuning-wise). it just seems a bit louder than it needs to be, and possibly a little too bright. I’d start by bringing it down a few db, see how it fits, and maybe try pulling back on the treble/presence, before I would consider re-recording it.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gritz

06 Jan 2021

Thanks everyone it’s great to hear positive feedback or indeed feedback of any description!,

Thousand Ways

07 Jan 2021

Some serious swing there. I like it. Would never have guessed that this was made in Reason, or on any DAW. I'm biased toward instrumentals anyway, but for what it's worth I don't think it needs any vocal.

Thousand Ways

07 Jan 2021

That "Turned-up cuffs" piano piece on your other account is also very lovely. :thumbs_up:

gritz

08 Jan 2021

https://www.reverbnation.com/thenightin ... 49-drunken
This is something we are passing round labels at the moment

gritz

08 Jan 2021

• Information