Virus Mutation (Psytrance Full-On)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wav-E

31 Dec 2020

Hello Reason users!

This is my last track this year (I don´t think that I will make another one this year) :lol:

I have a track called "Virus" and a track called "Mutation" and this will be the third track for the EP.

Sorry for the name, but you can ignore it, I don´t want you to wish you a happy new year with "Virus Mutation" :lol:

I used a lot of instruments, I dont remember exactly how much, I know a lot of Spire for the synths ,but you can see in the beginning of the video. It was a fun making it.

I hope you will enjoy it!

Stay safe, take care and
Happy Holidays!!!

Loque

31 Dec 2020

Very good mix, good song.

I am not a big fan of supersaw stuff in psy, because its more common in trance, buts its your song :-P

From my POV, it lacks a bit low end and in the center it is quite empty, maybe because everything else is too wide. Curuious how it would sound in mono?

Good stuff. Keep it up! :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

drk73

31 Dec 2020

Very nice! ✌

Billy+

31 Dec 2020

Very nice track. I had a friend/ neighbor way back in the 90's who was a psy master and one of the best I've ever heard at scratching anyways.... maybe all it's missing is some samples from current world leaders taking about the detection of a new strain/mutation hehehehe.

Wav-E

01 Jan 2021

visheshl wrote:
31 Dec 2020
please no virus mutation...why didnt you make a track called virus extinction
:D
ok the next one will be, but I can´t promise you :)
Loque wrote:
31 Dec 2020
Very good mix, good song.

I am not a big fan of supersaw stuff in psy, because its more common in trance, buts its your song :-P

From my POV, it lacks a bit low end and in the center it is quite empty, maybe because everything else is too wide. Curuious how it would sound in mono?

Good stuff. Keep it up! :thumbs_up:

Thanks ,
I like trance and psytrance maybe thats why I combaint this two styles sometimes ;)
about the frequencies I will check again, thanks
drk73 wrote:
31 Dec 2020
Very nice! ✌
Billy wrote:
31 Dec 2020
Very nice track. I had a friend/ neighbor way back in the 90's who was a psy master and one of the best I've ever heard at scratching anyways.... maybe all it's missing is some samples from current world leaders taking about the detection of a new strain/mutation hehehehe.
thanks , yes nice suggestion :D , the strange thing is I thought the same about it, when I start the track 2 weeks ago :D :thumbs_up:

thanks to all for taking the time
:thumbs_up:

Loque

01 Jan 2021

I didn't meant frequencies, i meant the center, the mono area. Just to clear this up.
Reason12, Win10

stuk71

01 Jan 2021

nice clean mix you have there

EdwardKiy

02 Jan 2021

a very mature production :thumbs_up:

TheDragonborg

02 Jan 2021

Nice track... though that sort of triplets part is something outside my tastes when it comes to psytrance (I do mostly old school Goa and a bit of darkpsy) but the mix is quite good.

Wav-E

03 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
01 Jan 2021
I didn't meant frequencies, i meant the center, the mono area. Just to clear this up.
aha ok, :thumbs_up:
I can see whai I can do about that
thanks
stuk71 wrote:
01 Jan 2021
nice clean mix you have there
thank you
EdwardKiy wrote:
02 Jan 2021
a very mature production :thumbs_up:
thank you
TheDragonborg wrote:
02 Jan 2021
Nice track... though that sort of triplets part is something outside my tastes when it comes to psytrance (I do mostly old school Goa and a bit of darkpsy) but the mix is quite good.
thanks, I agree, but still we can see this part like a psytrance mutation :)
thats why there are 3 diffrend chords melodies with the same main melody, also synth mutation, triplets part mutation, 2xspeed main melody mutation, frequency and distorsion mutation :D (I am not serious about that but could be one point of view) ;)
I have also a cut version ca. 6min long withou that triplets part , thanks
:) :thumbs_up:

Skimrok

03 Jan 2021

absolutely wicked track , love the video display also
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Wav-E

06 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
03 Jan 2021
absolutely wicked track , love the video display also

• Information