(Ambient/Downtempo) Abduction - The Complete Trip

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
spiralized

27 Dec 2020

Hi fellow reasoners,
as a long time lurker and lover of this forum, I think it's time to put in something of mine..
This is my latest work, a spin-off from my "Neural Interferencies EP" that I planned to release about 3 years ago and never did. It's splitted in 4 phases, but it's actually a single 26 minutes long song.
It's been fully composed, produced and mixed in Reason 11, and lately mastered with Wavelab and Ozone.
Not so easy listening music, I know, but I hope you'll enjoy it...Comments and criticism are welcome!

Axiom 23

28 Dec 2020

l was listening to this entire piece in my headphones while drinking my morning coffe today. Sometimes it's very nice to break away from my normal habit of turning on the news in the morning. Today i choosed to have music instead of the whole worlds agony entering my rooms at the first moments of the new day.
And i'm really glad i did. Because i was presented with some very well presented and highly focused space ambient. The melodic content and harmonic compositions felt really nicely balanced to me. It had story and was varied enough to not be boring and to monotone, yet it stayed focused and within a certain frame to allow a kind of meditative focused experience. The flow between the four parts was also very nice and naturally so perhaps as it's actually a 26 minutes long song. To me it was 26 minutes of storytelling with just the right amount of elements to get the job done. I was reminded of Pete Namlook and this piece felt like something that could have been released on his label FAX +49-69/450464 during the nineties. And that's a good thing since the artists released there represent a real treassure of ambientmusic to me. I think that this kind music really has a very important role to play today perhaps more than ever since it's offering a place of conteplation, meditation and healing when done right. This small ep is a perfect example of that i think. Well done!

spiralized

29 Dec 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words! Actually, you made a review of my EP and what a review I must say...You really caught the spirit of the songs...Thank you again!

Cheers,
Dave

• Information