Ambient Techno/ Downtempo - Free Ep - The Rainbow Codex

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Axiom 23

15 Dec 2020

Hi guys.

I have been lurking this forum for a very long time and as long time reason user the forum has become part of my daily routine online. I love checking out the news and gossip, the clever tips and tricks, the drama and the joy expressed by people in love with the coolest musicprogram on earth. I have been making electronic in various shapes and forms since 1997. I started out on fasttracker 2 hooked up to some outboard fx-devices and a tiny dj-styledmixer. But since Reason came into my life isomewhere aoround 2003 it's been no way back really. So yeah, i just wanted to say hi and share my latest ep The Rainbow Codex. It's ambienttechno and downtempo dubscapes very much inspired by artists like Black Dog, B12, Irresistible force, Air liquide, Spacetime continuum and other types of early nineties ambient electronica. Enjoy!

arnigretar

16 Dec 2020

Very good stuff there. Well done
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2020

Very enjoyable, can relate some of the "textures" and "landscapes" from the 90's techno scene. Nice work.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Axiom 23

17 Dec 2020

Hey, thanks guys! I'm really glad you liked it. Also cheers for the links to your own stuff. Been checking out the sounds on futuregrapher, moatun7 aswell as noiseshadow. Some proper quality right there! Especially that Erell Ranson- album on Moatun7 resonated strongly with me.

Noise
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

Sometimes I feel this is the underrated section of the forum, it's like the final work of art made with the tools we love, and very little comments, blaming my self also lol.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Axiom 23

17 Dec 2020

Noise wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Sometimes I feel this is the underrated section of the forum, it's like the final work of art made with the tools we love, and very little comments, blaming my self also lol.
Yes sir. I agree Noise. I myself tend to head straight for the re or vst or general part of the forum by habit. And it's all right i guess. But it's truly rewarding to be here in this part of the forum now and check out ultrafresh music from talented people, and the bonus is that i can reach out and express my grattitude straight away. I'm currently listening to your album Synchronicity and i must say that the second track "Make the move" is off the charts. Turned the volume up and had goosebumps. Very very cool!

Also, i want to give everyone the opportunity to boost the inspirationlevel and get a sence of purpose to why perhaps we are doing this musicmaking thing in the first place. Head to the release by Sprit Level in the link below and read the linear notes. That to me is purpose and joy of beeing a musician right there.

Chizmata

24 Dec 2020

Chizmata wrote:
17 Dec 2020
sounds great on the first impression, actually downloaded it for later
and now listened to it and its actually the best ive heard in a while, not just on reasontalk but also on labels. characteristic for the tracks is a selection of great melodies which are quite varied but work really well together and create a sense of progression by recombination in a very skillful way - hats off, thats an achievement only possible with a lot of experience. all this is happening on a foundation of rock-solid sound design and mixing. if i wanted to criticise anything, id say you could work a tiny bit more in the ultra low volume area, like adding another layer of low hp noise to synths, to create a little more sound depth and have all frequency bands covered at all times, (it would for example help "cape paradise" around 1:25 when the hihat is muted, whole sequence feels like lacking a tiny bit of highs).

Axiom 23

25 Dec 2020

Chizmata wrote:
24 Dec 2020
Chizmata wrote:
17 Dec 2020
sounds great on the first impression, actually downloaded it for later
and now listened to it and its actually the best ive heard in a while, not just on reasontalk but also on labels. characteristic for the tracks is a selection of great melodies which are quite varied but work really well together and create a sense of progression by recombination in a very skillful way - hats off, thats an achievement only possible with a lot of experience. all this is happening on a foundation of rock-solid sound design and mixing. if i wanted to criticise anything, id say you could work a tiny bit more in the ultra low volume area, like adding another layer of low hp noise to synths, to create a little more sound depth and have all frequency bands covered at all times, (it would for example help "cape paradise" around 1:25 when the hihat is muted, whole sequence feels like lacking a tiny bit of highs).
Chizmata!
I would like to thank you for taking the time to listen to the tracks and also write such a wonderful rewiev. I'm glad you liked it! Thank you for your kind words and for your very useful tip on using high frquency noise to strengthen sounds and give them more depth. It's certainly something i will consider the next time i find some time to write some music. It always means so much when someone reaches out and express their impression of the music. And when it comes in such contructive and useful way as this it's super great.

Chizmata

26 Dec 2020

Axiom 23 wrote:
25 Dec 2020
Chizmata wrote:
24 Dec 2020

Chizmata!
I would like to thank you for taking the time to listen to the tracks and also write such a wonderful rewiev. I'm glad you liked it! Thank you for your kind words and for your very useful tip on using high frquency noise to strengthen sounds and give them more depth. It's certainly something i will consider the next time i find some time to write some music. It always means so much when someone reaches out and express their impression of the music. And when it comes in such contructive and useful way as this it's super great.
youre welcome, thank you for the download

RealmUK

07 Jan 2021

This is a great collection of tracks. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this. Thanks for sharing.

• Information