(electronic/indie/dub/thing) - Young & Blind - He Had Set Her Free (Swinging Particles Remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Auryn

Post 13 Oct 2020

This one has been a long time coming but finally done I think, it's a remix for Strangers' band Young & Blind. It's turned into an electronic dub/type thing with a lot of horn samples LOL. I hope it's fun to listen to, something different from all the doom and gloom in the media. I did a hopefully humorous misheard lyrics video for it, cause I still don't understand at least 40% of the lyrics even after listening to it many hours. But the song itself is great and I hope we did it justice.

The track relies rather heavily on a sample from Dr Rockit - My Little Brazilian Pony which is an awesome track in it's own right and my hat's off to mr Matthew Herbert for hopefully not litigating :puf_bigsmile:

Original track:
Last edited by Auryn on 14 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

EdwardKiy

Post 14 Oct 2020

Definitely much more interesting rhythmically, than the original and sounds much fuller. A bit too much stuff going on timbrally for my taste, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Good job.

Skimrok

Post 14 Oct 2020

thank you for posting the original tune its a nice easy listening tune and good to hear what you doing on your version and direction you have taken it . I like both so good job :thumbs_up:
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

Flavolous

Post 16 Oct 2020

Found fabulous hypnosis in all those delays!!

Auryn

Post 16 Oct 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
14 Oct 2020
Definitely much more interesting rhythmically, than the original and sounds much fuller. A bit too much stuff going on timbrally for my taste, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Good job.
Thanks man! There's usually a lot of stuff going on in our tracks but we try to be as parsimonious as we can be
Skimrok wrote:
14 Oct 2020
thank you for posting the original tune its a nice easy listening tune and good to hear what you doing on your version and direction you have taken it . I like both so good job :thumbs_up:
thanks, I really loved the original tune but when listening I was struck by the summery feeling and started imagining a more "carribean" version, which is what we tried for (without going full steeldrum)
Flavolous wrote:
16 Oct 2020
Found fabulous hypnosis in all those delays!!
thanks! LOL we kind of tried for a stealth stoner anthem as well
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

strangers

Post 17 Oct 2020

I'm really impressed with the final version of your remix and pleasantly surprised to find out Roger was on the loose. I didn't even know there was a video until a few minutes ago. I'm still laughing even after it's over. Look up the restaurant chain commercials I mentioned. You'll enjoy the Applebees 'I want my baby back...' throwback I was talking about based on your horns. I kept hearing the guy singing every time the horns played their sweet, sweet melodies. Now I want some ribs (although I don't particularly care for Applebees ribs, in case anyone was curious).

We'll have to do this again. I've got another song we recorded back in March that I lazily never finished up. That track may be something you'd be able to run wild with. Totally different vibe. Less potential for uncertainties around the lyrics since I had control over the vocal recording process this time around. Maybe I'll smear them up a bit for another parody video for the fun of it. Pretend I didn't write any of this last part.

• Information