Drum and Bass / Next Level Skimrok

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 10 Oct 2020

Hopefully some will like :puf_smile:

Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 191
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 10 Oct 2020

yes. i like it.
that metallic sound is just amazing.
vocal is great. cool.
well, everything is good and fine.
like it.

i gave you one like and one respot on SC. cheers.
Rising Night Wave @ SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

User avatar
drk73
Posts: 109
Joined: 27 Jun 2020
Location: Ruse, Bulgaria

Post 11 Oct 2020

Good one! ✌

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 11 Oct 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
10 Oct 2020
yes. i like it.
that metallic sound is just amazing.
vocal is great. cool.
well, everything is good and fine.
like it.

i gave you one like and one respot on SC. cheers.
Nice one thank you so much :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 11 Oct 2020

drk73 wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Good one! ✌
Yeah thank you :)
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

Popey
Posts: 261
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 13 Oct 2020

Cool track, bit heavier than the dnb I listen to nowadays but good production. Only comment is sample "mother f@#%#@$)" at the end seemed out of place yet didnt when earlier in song. Perhaps this could be cut up and timing tweaked. Really enjoyed it though and the above is a very minor comment.

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 13 Oct 2020

Popey wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Cool track, bit heavier than the dnb I listen to nowadays but good production. Only comment is sample "mother f@#%#@$)" at the end seemed out of place yet didnt when earlier in song. Perhaps this could be cut up and timing tweaked. Really enjoyed it though and the above is a very minor comment.
Thank you , yeah I check don't worry about the comment I rather you say then not :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: i listen with fresh ears tonight ;)
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 833
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 13 Oct 2020

That vocal screamed Bomfunk to me :D really liking this one dark and evil

User avatar
Auryn
Posts: 590
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Location: La Mancha

Post 13 Oct 2020

Sounds great, beat is sharp as fuck. I was really getting into it but the sound introduced in the break at around 2:14 feels a bit weak compared to the hard hitting beats and bass, I was kind of expecting something more loud and epic, but the current sound is kind of just "there"
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

User avatar
TheDragonborg
Posts: 252
Joined: 10 Feb 2020

Post 13 Oct 2020

You're stuff is really getting better! The drums are much more focused than the other tunes of yours I've heard.

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 14 Oct 2020

gullum wrote:
13 Oct 2020
That vocal screamed Bomfunk to me :D really liking this one dark and evil
thank you :thumbs_up:
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 14 Oct 2020

Auryn wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Sounds great, beat is sharp as fuck. I was really getting into it but the sound introduced in the break at around 2:14 feels a bit weak compared to the hard hitting beats and bass, I was kind of expecting something more loud and epic, but the current sound is kind of just "there"
right ok I take that on board funny enough I did have a bit of mare with the breakdown so this is actually confirmation I shouldn't of made do , cool I rework it ;) thank you :)
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 14 Oct 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
13 Oct 2020
You're stuff is really getting better! The drums are much more focused than the other tunes of yours I've heard.
yay thank you I keep chipping away at it :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :reason: :reason: :reason:
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

User avatar
Auryn
Posts: 590
Joined: 12 Aug 2015
Location: La Mancha

Post 14 Oct 2020

Skimrok wrote:
14 Oct 2020
Auryn wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Sounds great, beat is sharp as fuck. I was really getting into it but the sound introduced in the break at around 2:14 feels a bit weak compared to the hard hitting beats and bass, I was kind of expecting something more loud and epic, but the current sound is kind of just "there"
right ok I take that on board funny enough I did have a bit of mare with the breakdown so this is actually confirmation I shouldn't of made do , cool I rework it ;) thank you :)
haha, well you know what they say, it takes one to know one... I've struggled plenty with finding the right sounds and used to end up piling on FX without actually adding anything useful. Sometimes it's better to just scrap it and try something completely different. Maybe shelve the track for a while and come back with fresh ears and inspiration. The track is like 80% there so keep at it.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
eXpandemonium Refill: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/expandemonium

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 372
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 14 Oct 2020

Auryn wrote:
14 Oct 2020
Skimrok wrote:
14 Oct 2020


right ok I take that on board funny enough I did have a bit of mare with the breakdown so this is actually confirmation I shouldn't of made do , cool I rework it ;) thank you :)
haha, well you know what they say, it takes one to know one... I've struggled plenty with finding the right sounds and used to end up piling on FX without actually adding anything useful. Sometimes it's better to just scrap it and try something completely different. Maybe shelve the track for a while and come back with fresh ears and inspiration. The track is like 80% there so keep at it.
good advice I pulled it and relook a little later with fresh ears :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai White Mini Mk3 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests