(Chillout Ambient Guitar Vocal) Stretch Out and Wait (Smiths Cover)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mbfrancis

25 Sep 2020

Hey everyone,
I did a cover if 'Stretch Out & Wait' by The Smiths.

It's kind of a duet w/ myself, but I thought some of you might want to know the technical stuff:
* I started as a test of my new recording through USB mixer which has compression and reverb straight into my iPhone. That's the basic recording, and I liked the performance so I thought I'd add to it.
* Electric guitar chain is DI through Sebatron VMP 4000, running through Mclass compressor, JP Chenille Chorus, The Echo, and Vermillion Amp. Really love the tone...super Jeff Buckley.
* Harmony vocal going through Selig De-ess and Mclass comp.
* Organ on second half is Combo B3T on Cathedral Empty preset, super in the background.
* Global Reverb is Tsar1 Stage One Preset.
* I loved the sound but the sibilance from the original was crazy...so I ran the original stereo gtr/vocal through the De-Ess Combi preset from the FSB, which is really a dynamic EQ. I also de-essed the harmony reverb send (always a good trick) w Selig de-ess. This worked great and made everything more manageable.

Anyway hopefully some people enjoy the track and some other people enjoy all the details, hope all are well.
Last edited by mbfrancis on 26 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

selig
RE Developer

25 Sep 2020

A nice non-typical use of Reason, quite lovely and chill! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Baylo

25 Sep 2020

I love this. Thanks for posting the details - always great to learn how others create their “sound”.

mbfrancis

26 Sep 2020

selig wrote:
25 Sep 2020
A nice non-typical use of Reason, quite lovely and chill! :)
Thanks Selig, and done with your plugins throughout...and actually didn't you design the FSB de-ess, too?

Baylo wrote:
25 Sep 2020
I love this. Thanks for posting the details - always great to learn how others create their “sound”.
Thanks, man, glad you liked it.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information