(“Acoustic” Friktion Duet) Pulling Strings

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Amyjer

06 Sep 2020

This track uses two Friktion sounds in a duet format (the cello comes in a little later). I used a LinnStrument to play both parts.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2020

Wow that's great. Sounds really good. :thumbs_up:
Also I didn't know a LinnStrument existed. Learned something new today. Based on your song it seems like a perfect fit with Friktion.

Had to look it up. Found this. Really cool.

Amyjer

06 Sep 2020

Thanks! I was fortunate enough to demo the LinnStrument shortly after it came out at NAMM and in this video. It is my favorite controller for everything except piano and organ.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2020

Amyjer wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Thanks! I was fortunate enough to demo the LinnStrument shortly after it came out at NAMM and in this video. It is my favorite controller for everything except piano and organ.

Well you seem to have a good handle on that thing. I imagine it's like learning any other instrument. Lots of practise.

What's your opinion on Friktion? How does it compare to similar products on the market? Seems like you're the right person to ask.

Amyjer

06 Sep 2020

Thanks! So far, I think the SWAM plugins are the most realistic but Friktion has more synthesis capabilities and is polyphonic. And the realism on the bowing side is outstanding. I really like the Articulation settings to customize the touch response. I am hoping Reason will gain multidimensional polyphonic expression or MPE capabilities which would give Friktion another distinguishing feature. At the moment, I use Reason as a plug-in in Logic solely because Reason does not have MPE yet.

client6

06 Sep 2020

Very cool composition!! You seem to already really have a handle on the subtleties of controlling Friktion in a natural manner.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2020

Amyjer wrote:
06 Sep 2020
Thanks! So far, I think the SWAM plugins are the most realistic but Friktion has more synthesis capabilities and is polyphonic. And the realism on the bowing side is outstanding. I really like the Articulation settings to customize the touch response. I am hoping Reason will gain multidimensional polyphonic expression or MPE capabilities which would give Friktion another distinguishing feature. At the moment, I use Reason as a plug-in in Logic solely because Reason does not have MPE yet.
Thanks for the respons :thumbs_up:

Micha1973

07 Sep 2020

Nice Cello* I like Friktion after this Track
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Amyjer

07 Sep 2020

Thanks very much for the kind words.

• Information