Shimmering EDM w/ R&B Beats + Another Quirky Interlude

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Flik:R

04 Sep 2020

I started this tune off by creating a drum loop which had a sort of R&B strut because I just fancied trying it out. Then instead of going in the direction of making the track trip hop/instrumental hip hop (or maybe instrumental R&B?) I found myself adding electronic deep sounding chords. The closing segment had a deep bassline at one point but I decided to drop that. The track also had a slightly more tough percussion line at first, but I dropped that and changed the aspect to be more gentle in line with the mellow-ness of the chords I had chosen and thus the track in the end is both kind of mellow yet kind of 'bumping'(!). I had intended on a slightly more freestyle played melody in the closing section but I discovered that this can be a real headache to pull off effectively and when I created a recurring 6 chord pattern which I decided I really liked I decided I definitely wanted to use that instead. The whistle-y chord melody at the tracks close is a very simple loop but it took quite a while to find a good chord to use and then work into a sound timbre which I liked and also played in a way which both sounded good but also blended in well, etc (it's pretty basic to be honest.... but effective..... I HOPE?!). Overall im decently happy with what ive achieved again here.

This track is just an interlude (similar to one I posted last month). Like before its built upon very simple loops and has got a jazzy vibe but this time is a little more humorous than previously. Basically the whole track is only built around 3 separate instruments/synths. I already had all of the beats, piano loop and quirky weird noise loop aspects recorded and remembering my previous interlude track I decided that they would be perfect to work into a simple interlude rather than a fully fledged track again. The (slightly prolonged) beat loops were recorded in one go and don't feature any tweaking to get all of everything perfectly in a mathematically organised sync. I did try to achieve that previously but upon revisiting the track and its elements decided that any imperfection featuring within the beat loop which I had created (which actually sounds fine to my ears anyhow) in this instance was only in actual fact adding to the quirky factor of a track which is a little bit cheap (but in a good way I hope!) and doesn't necessarily want to be taken too seriously!! :puf_bigsmile: .

PEACE!. F/R.

Flik:R

05 Sep 2020

Maybe?. I could go with that, although it didn't strike me before.

strangers
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2020

I like the creativity behind these although they do feel very drawn out. I found myself skipping ahead quite a bit to hear what comes next. This happens to me all the time, too. Endless ideas only to be hit with the realization that some things go on for too long.

• Information