[Geordie house] Money on the floor (Deliberate 2020 remix)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Thousand Ways

10 Aug 2020

A 2020 Reason-powered rework of a track by one of my old bands, Micromania (1989–92).

In December 1989, with no instruments, no songs, no musicians, and no proper recording equipment, we were a little short of material with which to fill up the C46 cassette that would comprise our debut album. So we taped the loudmouthed sister of one of our members singing along to her 12” of “Hangin’ tough” by New Kids On The Block while her brother shook his pocket money box until the bottom fell out (hence the track’s title).

Over 30 years later I came to the obvious conclusion that the world was crying out for a remix of this work. :thumbs_up: So here it is, in stereo. All sounds used in the remix are sampled from the original recording; nothing new has been overdubbed. The tape hiss even became its own – ahem – musical element to be switched on and off.

Comments so far have included "It sounds like Bigfoot's dick, but I like it". Enjoy, and comment below! :thumbs_up:

Heigen5

18 Aug 2020

Cool song! Funny/interesting things going on. Sounds neat!

Thousand Ways

18 Aug 2020

:thumbs_up: The original recording is "performed" by three Geordie kids, aged 16, 16, and 12 respectively …

• Information