(downtempo) Sparkable

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
evolve187

22 Jul 2020

Hi reason friends,

Here is my latest track Sparkable set to some chill visuals that you can watch on Youtube or listen to on Soundcloud.

Thanks for listening!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

Thousand Ways

22 Jul 2020

It's nice work – thanks for sharing. After the first minute I expected the track to continue without beats, so the switch was surprising, but it's handled well. A further surprise was the fact that the occasional portamento in the first minute doesn't return later. The watery drop-out at around 2:21 is nice. I don't know whether the chord changes are complex ones, but they feel like it, and as though one would need to hear the track a few times to get a handle on them all.

The only element that seems a little unconvincing to me is the trumpet, or trumpet pad. I realize that there are other "organic" sounds in the mix here, such as the vocals and piano (or piano pad?), but the trumpet seems maybe a little too lounge. But again, maybe it's just a matter of hearing the track repeatedly.

For what it's worth, I listened to this without the visuals. I'm sure they're fine, but I just wanted to hear the track on its own.

• Information