[TECHNO] LONDON (A#min - 128bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

18 Jul 2020

Here we go - AAAACCCCIIIIDDD time ... my new track LONDON.

I wanted to create something that sounded like 27 different acid-line arps all going off - morphing in and out, yet keeping it really tight.

And... quite rare for me I stayed really tight to a TR-909 drum kit. Barely straying. Yes - I've added loads of crunch and delay and bit crushing - but it's a real 909. The cymbals bounced and then stretched and pitched and run through THE ECHO. As always - wanted serious GROOVE - and time spent getting every drum hit tuned in scale of A#min.

The plucky synth piano type sound is an Oberheim UVSR-2 rack synth - a preset I created myself. Totally intended as it gives it a old skool rave sound - might go back and look carefully at it as I might down sample it a little to give it an Akai sample feel. Played around with alternating left to right just slightly with that synth.

There's 2 deep bass lines going on - one from ANA 2 and another from Knif Audio Knifonium - which is a seriously cool synth - and yes it's a new patch I created.

Dowsed everywhere (but subtly) is 2c Audio's BREEZE reverb. Superb reverb. It literally breaths life into things.

Anyway... here you go...

Check my Soundcloud:

Nerveclinic

19 Jul 2020

Pretty tight...nice job. I thought the bass drum was too quiet at first but it came together.

• Information