Dance/Electronic first track

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Stumble

17 Jul 2020

Hi,

After owning reason 11 intro for a month i've just finished my first track and would love some feedback/ views on it. I've been leaving breaks between each session with it sometimes days before going back and tweaking it and overall i'm happy with it. Hope you like it.

Thanks

Edit: Just had to upload again as I had used the wrong export file.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2020

I like it. Lots of cool ideas and sounds. :thumbs_up:
One thing that sounded a little off to me was the saw lead that starts at 1:04. Just seems like it's a bit out of tune. Maybe it's that the detune is set pretty high?

Stumble

18 Jul 2020

Thank you for the feedback, just listened back and yes I can hear what you mean now. I'll go back in and see what the settings are like.

Thanks again

Nerveclinic

18 Jul 2020

Nice start.

So much to learn and so much fun to be had.

Keep plugging it's worth it.

Stumble

21 Jul 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
18 Jul 2020
Nice start.

So much to learn and so much fun to be had.

Keep plugging it's worth it.
Thanks for listening, loads of fun.

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2020

I really like this, nice tune. Only minor criticism is the arpeggio early on in the track seemed a bit repetitive but this is just personal opinion.

Ixus

21 Jul 2020

Great work man, I hope you stick with music making :D Such a rewarding undertaking.
This sounds leagues better than my first attempts haha

Cheers!

Thousand Ways

23 Jul 2020

It really doesn't sound like someone's first attempt. For this kind of genre it's very well made. Maybe there could be a drop-out or pause before the end section with the open hihats and the Hardfloor-style distorted acid?

Stumble

24 Jul 2020

Thank you so much for the kind comments and feedback I really appreciate it.

I'm not a complete newbie as I dabbled with reason back in 2010 when it was reason and record and studied it thoroughly but unfortunately had to pack in due to family commitments and sold my license and laptop. I missed it a lot over the years and had an itch to come back for last couple of years so this is where I'm at now. I feel that having such a long lay off has helped in some ways to be patient with getting ideas down and arranging it as this was always my stumbling block and I used to give up on so many ideas as I couldn't find enough variation to make a full track. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks again

• Information