(no idea, kind of Byrne-ish / Fripp-esque) "Punish It"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rgdaniel

11 Jul 2020

I went all in with Loopcloud for this one, instead of just bits here and there. Thirty-odd tracks, every note sourced from loopcloud LOL. I was determined to find a way of working with Loopcloud that I could get comfortable with in future, so I figured I would deep-end it. I've been a reluctant fan, and still have some issues with it, but definitely enjoying it more than before.

One issue I had was keeping track of the source of the clips. If I botched chopping a clip and wanted to drag it back in fresh, it was challenging to find it again, buried in my library somewhere. This time, I stuck to dragging in the un-processed clips from Loopcloud, thus preserving their original filenames on the track name so I could search for them again if needed. Which presents its own challenges (which one of these tracks is the "bass"? e.g. lol) but I can clean up track names later if I feel the need, I suppose...

zoidkirb

11 Jul 2020

Very cool track.
So it's Loopcloud also the sample player? Or were some of Reason's own sampler's used?

rgdaniel

11 Jul 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
11 Jul 2020
Very cool track.
So it's Loopcloud also the sample player? Or were some of Reason's own sampler's used?
Thanks for listening!
Each sound was located and auditioned from within Loopcloud, while synced to Reason, then the original was 1st downloaded, then dragged to the bottom of the sequencer, creating a new track with the name of that file so I could find it again later if needed. The clip would then need to be placed along the timeline where desired, and control-dragged to snap the tempo to match the song. That last bit is done also within Loopcloud so it auditions correctly, but dragging the "original" version reverts the tempo to original. But keeps the filename, so that's what I wanted. Slice, dice, and marinate to taste. Repeat. No Reason samplers, or anything else apart from a couple of effects, were used. All just audio clips on the timeline.

zoidkirb

12 Jul 2020

Cool cool. Nice process, it all sounds very natural in the end.

motuscott

12 Jul 2020

Nice job of pacing. Cool track.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

rgdaniel

12 Jul 2020

Thanks!

• Information