(Spy Theme - Cinematic - 60ies style). Ultrabond - Chasing Mr. Big

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jul 2020

Hi Reasonistas,
I hope you like some niche music. Comments appreciate. Thanks for listening. :puf_smile:


User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2521
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 06 Jul 2020

Big band sound with a modern twist..

That put a big smile on my face... loved it..

Just need a video for it now.....

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 06 Jul 2020

Hi Carly, glad you like it. Yes, video would be great. Retrostyle with splitsceen. :)

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1518
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 06 Jul 2020

Yeah sounds like spy movie music. I can also hear some Lalo Schifrin influence. I enjoyed it.

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1121
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 06 Jul 2020

Audiol wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Hi Reasonistas,
I hope you like some niche music. Comments appreciate. Thanks for listening. :puf_smile:

Yeah, I like this style. Love that frantic bass and guitar and drums. Good work. I especially like how it starts and the first 20 seconds of this, and was kinda hoping that you'd revisit that theme a bit later on.
Still, an enjoyable listen. Love the keyboard riffing around 2:20. :cool:

User avatar
Skimrok
Posts: 313
Joined: 12 Jun 2018
Location: U.K.

Post 08 Jul 2020

brilliant tune its like the 70s with 2020 twist , really enjoyable track
Reason 11 Suite :reason: Akai MPK Mini Mk2 / Nektar LX25+ / MPD218 /Focal Alpha 80 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub

rare_shadow
Posts: 87
Joined: 14 Nov 2018

Post 08 Jul 2020

Awesome Track!

Can you share what plugins and libraries you used?

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jul 2020

miscend wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Yeah sounds like spy movie music. I can also hear some Lalo Schifrin influence. I enjoyed it.
Thanks a lot. Yes I like Lalo Schifrins Sound. Great Music.

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jul 2020

stratatonic wrote:
06 Jul 2020
Audiol wrote:
05 Jul 2020
Hi Reasonistas,
I hope you like some niche music. Comments appreciate. Thanks for listening. :puf_smile:

Yeah, I like this style. Love that frantic bass and guitar and drums. Good work. I especially like how it starts and the first 20 seconds of this, and was kinda hoping that you'd revisit that theme a bit later on.
Still, an enjoyable listen. Love the keyboard riffing around 2:20. :cool:
Thank you for listening and you nice comment. If you like that style you can listen a lot more of that https://soundcloud.com/ultrabond/

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jul 2020

rare_shadow wrote:
08 Jul 2020
Awesome Track!

Can you share what plugins and libraries you used?
Hi rare_shadow,
right now I'm not at my Computer. I can tell you later. Thanks for listening.

jamesa
Posts: 24
Joined: 30 Nov 2019

Post 10 Jul 2020

Yeah! Loved the EP solo towards the end.

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 576
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 11 Jul 2020

This is awesome! Great job on capturing the vibe and for setting the scene.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1323
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 11 Jul 2020

This is a pretty awesome track! Could definitely slip this right in a spy movie. Well done.

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jul 2020

rare_shadow wrote:
08 Jul 2020
Awesome Track!

Can you share what plugins and libraries you used?
No VST plugins

Drums: Processed Drum Unit - Jazz kit, Groove Bias - GB Herodotus Kit,
Touch Orchestra, Funk Soul Horns - div, Lead - Dirty Lead Sinewave,
Euphoric Strings - Epic Slow Burn Strings, Dragnet Horns, Bass - Amped Flip Top, + more

rare_shadow
Posts: 87
Joined: 14 Nov 2018

Post 16 Jul 2020

Audiol wrote:
15 Jul 2020
rare_shadow wrote:
08 Jul 2020
Awesome Track!

Can you share what plugins and libraries you used?
No VST plugins

Drums: Processed Drum Unit - Jazz kit, Groove Bias - GB Herodotus Kit,
Touch Orchestra, Funk Soul Horns - div, Lead - Dirty Lead Sinewave,
Euphoric Strings - Epic Slow Burn Strings, Dragnet Horns, Bass - Amped Flip Top, + more
Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 1121
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

Post 16 Jul 2020

Audiol wrote:
09 Jul 2020
stratatonic wrote:
06 Jul 2020

Yeah, I like this style. Love that frantic bass and guitar and drums. Good work. I especially like how it starts and the first 20 seconds of this, and was kinda hoping that you'd revisit that theme a bit later on.
Still, an enjoyable listen. Love the keyboard riffing around 2:20. :cool:
Thank you for listening and you nice comment. If you like that style you can listen a lot more of that https://soundcloud.com/ultrabond/
Yeah, I spent the last couple of days checking that out. Great stuff! And GawDamn there is that Fucking A HellSpawn Guitar patch in a few of those songs! I loved that sound. At one point I was gonna quit the guitar and use that patch on everything. Didn't quite turn out that way, but I'll have to revisit that patch again, one day soon.
Anybody who checked out the first tune here, should definitely have a listen to the rest of the UltraBond tunes.
Really Excellent Stuff!

Mylor
Posts: 17
Joined: 05 Mar 2016
Location: Germany, Stuttgart

Post 16 Jul 2020

:shock: wtf :o That was a whole cinematic trailer that moved through my mind while listening to that fantastic tune.
:thumbs_up: Really good work, thanks for showing it to us :D
:reason: 10 / 160+ :re: / 27+ :refill: / NI Komplete Audio 6 / AKG C5 / Sennheiser HD 380 pro / Korg M1 / ... /
30 years of music making and still not finished ;)
no accounts @facebook, twitter, youtube, soundcloud, whatsapp, blogs ...

User avatar
Nerveclinic
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Location: Dubai

Post 18 Jul 2020

Sounds authentic.

Don't be surprised if you get a call for the next Bond movie. ;)

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jul 2020

Hi all, thanks for the great feedback. Makes me happy if people hear the stuff I do. There is more to come. :puf_smile:

Thousand Ways
Posts: 144
Joined: 18 Jun 2015

Post 22 Jul 2020

Very nicely done. Good, convincing arrangement. Would certainly have made a better successor to John Barry than David Arnold did.

Audiol
Posts: 53
Joined: 24 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jul 2020

Thousand Ways wrote:
22 Jul 2020
Very nicely done. Good, convincing arrangement. Would certainly have made a better successor to John Barry than David Arnold did.
Thanks a lot. I had to google who David Arnold is. :? :lol: I'm a peasant. :D

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], deeplink and 0 guests