(Goa/PsyTrance) She Is a Robot

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Loque

07 Jun 2020

Here is my new track.

I think I went a bit wild with the song length. I was lost in the flow and was more partying than checking when to finish the song :-D.

I also tried to incorporate some feedback from my last song and I hope I matched the feedback. And thanks again for it :thumbs_up:

So, here it is. I hope you can make it through the whole song and feedback is highly welcome.
Reason12, Win10

Auryn

07 Jun 2020

So I listened to the whole thing, and I'd say this is definitely an improvement over the previous track I listened to. It feels more cohesive and develops in a more narrative and less random way. I'd say the melodic element that starts around 6:19 could do with some more delay or verb to add more of a sense of space, it's there but it feels a bit to 'shallow' still, a longer delay feedback tail would have helped IMHO. Compare it to this classic from the good old days:

notice how there's a big contrast between the scratchy and twisted beginning and end, and the "clarity" bit in the middle with the looooong delay. If you were to make the middle bit in your track somewhat more extreme with the delay/reverb, that would help contrast it more with the other parts, which keeps is more interesting and gives it more of a feeling of a journey with different parts to it. I hope this makes some sense.

Other than that, nice job, keep up the good work.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

gullum

07 Jun 2020

Made me think of dragons ... sure she's not a robot dragon. This is good and makes me want to dance or just jump around. I have not listened to your previous track so can't comment on improvements but what I hear is well-balanced and nice development even if main theme stays throughout

Loque

07 Jun 2020

Auryn wrote:
07 Jun 2020
...I'd say the melodic element that starts around 6:19 could do with some more delay or verb to add more of a sense of space...
Thanks for your feedback. I was very biased to add more reverb and/or delay there. Mabe i feared the cluttering of the mix too much. There is a short passage i experimented with it (starts around 6:50), and let a longer delay hopp around. Again, thanks for your feedback.

gullum wrote:
07 Jun 2020
Made me think of dragons ... sure she's not a robot dragon. This is good and makes me want to dance or just jump around. I have not listened to your previous track so can't comment on improvements but what I hear is well-balanced and nice development even if main theme stays throughout
That main theme thing was a feedback on my last track too. Guess i was too busy with dance and jumping around too while making the track :-D. Looks like there is room for improvement. Thanks for your feedback.
Reason12, Win10

gullum

07 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
07 Jun 2020
That main theme thing was a feedback on my last track too. Guess i was too busy with dance and jumping around too while making the track :-D. Looks like there is room for improvement. Thanks for your feedback.
I said that as a + thing I like that it stays the same

Stumble

07 Jun 2020

I enjoyed this nice experimental wacky synth squelches but with constant driving bass line. I liked the synth lead that burst through at 6 minutes.

Loque

07 Jun 2020

Stumble wrote:
07 Jun 2020
I enjoyed this nice experimental wacky synth squelches but with constant driving bass line. I liked the synth lead that burst through at 6 minutes.
Thanks for your feedback :lol:
Reason12, Win10

Loque

01 Jul 2022

Love this song. I like it to hear my own stuff after a while.
Reason12, Win10

moofi

07 Jul 2022

Fck the mix, do it how it feels and go for mixing afterwards :-D
Loque wrote:
07 Jun 2020
Auryn wrote:
07 Jun 2020
...I'd say the melodic element that starts around 6:19 could do with some more delay or verb to add more of a sense of space...
Thanks for your feedback. I was very biased to add more reverb and/or delay there. Mabe i feared the cluttering of the mix too much. There is a short passage i experimented with it (starts around 6:50), and let a longer delay hopp around. Again, thanks for your feedback.

Loque

07 Jul 2022

moofi wrote:
07 Jul 2022
Fck the mix, do it how it feels and go for mixing afterwards :-D
Loque wrote:
07 Jun 2020

Yea, true words...
Reason12, Win10

Uman's

16 Jul 2022

Hi

It's nice to hear what the team members can do.
I thought none of them made music ! :lol:

So yes, the song is a bit long but it is full of very good ideas.

Thx for sharing (I also listened to it as fully)
- Former member of the disappeared forum "Reason France" -

• Information