(Techno) X-Panned 2020 w Video by Jagwah

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2020

Hi All

This is a musical oddity from me put to video by our own Jagwah.

Maybe Jag can explain the video creation.

I had this piece just started, the organ riff and not much more. I wasn't sure what to do with it and Jag offered his slab of video for collab. They seemed perfect together as they both share the sense of mid-90's. Back at that time I was coming out of my EBM/Industrial phase (passed through Metal) and was trying to work out how to "get with the times". I tried a few Techno tracks under the name X-Panned but any time I showed em to anyone Techno they pulled faces. So I abandoned them and went back to pure Electronic Music which I briefly referred to as Proto-Techno seeing my roots were the prototypes to Techno - didn't help open minds. This track picked up that style for better or worse. I am better able to handle the music side than I was then. Still not getting that "approved" sound tho. Don't really care now. The track is cheery, that is cool with me.

All music composed in Reason 11 using Europa, Thor & Subtractor. The small Kik and the Snare are my RD-19 drum synth. The big Kik is Europa.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information