(Deep House) Stay with Me

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
riemac

29 May 2020

This is my new Deep House track.

I've had much fun creating the deep house bass. The patch was created with the Phase Distortion Oscillator in Thor. There is nothing better for deep house basses in my opinion then Thor's FM or PD.

Enjoy

Dabbler

29 May 2020

awesome, triggers so many images.

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Yeah, Thor's PD OSC is all kinds o wonderful for solid basses that feel so "there".

Really nice mix. It feels evocative, clear, and pretty deep. Reminds me some of earlier 808 State which in my book is good as they were one of the few Techno acts I liked enough to buy an album.

I loathe the side-chain pumping but that is all the rage (yet enraging to me) so a personal gripe only. On the upside you didn't overdo-overdo it so I can keep listening.

Ooh what is that lovely brass round the 4:00 mark? I want to marry it and make it have baby synth brasses (like I don't have enough all over my tracks already).

thanks

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

riemac

30 May 2020

Benedict wrote:
29 May 2020
Yeah, Thor's PD OSC is all kinds o wonderful for solid basses that feel so "there".

Really nice mix. It feels evocative, clear, and pretty deep. Reminds me some of earlier 808 State which in my book is good as they were one of the few Techno acts I liked enough to buy an album.

I loathe the side-chain pumping but that is all the rage (yet enraging to me) so a personal gripe only. On the upside you didn't overdo-overdo it so I can keep listening.

Ooh what is that lovely brass round the 4:00 mark? I want to marry it and make it have baby synth brasses (like I don't have enough all over my tracks already).

thanks

Thanks Benedict. It's always nice to get some detailed feedback.

It is very important to me to get a good, clean and modern mix. Side-chaining is one aspect of this. I try not to overdo it.
For example I use multiband or mid-side side-chains to have more off it in the lows or the mid, where the sounds conflict with the kick and less in the high frequencies or the sides. Over all this helps, that the side-chain effect is less noticeable, but you still get a clean mix.

The lovely brass comes from Dune 3. This is a modified factory patch called "Blade Gunner ST". It makes use off the new lovely analog modeled filters of Dune 3, in this patch the AM Polaris 24db, which is an emulation of the CEM 3372 chip. I can't wait for the synapse OB-Xa emulation.

Best regards,
Marcus

danc

30 May 2020

riemac wrote:
30 May 2020
Benedict wrote:
29 May 2020

thanks

Thanks Benedict. It's always nice to get some detailed feedback.

It is very important to me to get a good, clean and modern mix. Side-chaining is one aspect of this. I try not to overdo it.
For example I use multiband or mid-side side-chains to have more off it in the lows or the mid, where the sounds conflict with the kick and less in the high frequencies or the sides. Over all this helps, that the side-chain effect is less noticeable, but you still get a clean mix.

The lovely brass comes from Dune 3. This is a modified factory patch called "Blade Gunner ST". It makes use off the new lovely analog modeled filters of Dune 3, in this patch the AM Polaris 24db, which is an emulation of the CEM 3372 chip. I can't wait for the synapse OB-Xa emulation.

Best regards,
Marcus
Like it - a lot. I think you might want to add some subtle automation changes (filters/eq/chorus/reverb/delay etc.) as the track progresses to make the thing morph a little more organically. I'm talking stuff that you feel ... rather than loud/proud. At the moment the changes are new parts or removing old parts.

Plus with the drums... just add a few random hits in places... or change the groove just slightly.

I think what I'm saying is... add a bit of human groove into it.
Check my Soundcloud:

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

Thanks. I didn't expect Synapse. I know people love Antidote but I find it annoying. That said, I have had some nice brasses and phased pads over the years.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Micha1973

31 May 2020

Nice track - sounds and mixing seems right* :D
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

• Information