[HOUSE] SIMPLE ME (Gmin - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

28 May 2020

"SIMPLE ME" - this is me going back to the roots of simple house - with a good old 909 kicking and hatting away.

There's 2 303's clattering away in there... thanks to ABL3 RE.

And it was off the back of someone asking loads of questions the ZERO rack extension... is it any good? Well... the BASS is ZERO. You decide.
Check my Soundcloud:

Dabbler

29 May 2020

oh dude i love this

de funk is strong wit dis un

danc

29 May 2020

Dabbler wrote:
29 May 2020
oh dude i love this

de funk is strong wit dis un
APPRECIATE THE LOVE!!!
Check my Soundcloud:

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Yes, "what we gonna do right here is go back"

I liked this generation of House: The Cookie Crew, Beatmasters, Adamski, Ege Bam Yasi era. There is a purity to it that got lost.

You got that in here. Ooh, it just stopped. That is a shame as I didn't want it to stop. Well done.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

danc

30 May 2020

Benedict wrote:
29 May 2020
Yes, "what we gonna do right here is go back"

I liked this generation of House: The Cookie Crew, Beatmasters, Adamski, Ege Bam Yasi era. There is a purity to it that got lost.

You got that in here. Ooh, it just stopped. That is a shame as I didn't want it to stop. Well done.

Thanks Benedict. My quest is to have an old school sound (because as you say - there was something special back then that has been lost).

I agree - it's way too short. I often build an arrangement around 3 minutes just to ensure that I get that section flowing well. Then I take a break and consider with fresh ears/mind about how to take it forward, into new territory whilst keeping the theme and overall feel consistent.

My quest continues as I want to add vocals to this style, which are both non-obtrusive, yet characterful. Watch this space.
I've had some success with vocals in the past (in the D&B/Deep House world) - so I can do it. Vocals are an art form though and so easily make/break a track...

Examples of my vocal D&B explorations...

And in a deep house package..

Check my Soundcloud:

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

Yes vocals make or beak a track if they are there. You can half-arse a vocal and pretend it is fine because the human voice is one of the things we are tuned to more than almost anything else in the world. (Your Ma/Wife can call you off ogling Pamela Anderson)

I spent a few secs in each of those. "I Spy" kinda gets a bit there. Like anything, there has to be an authentic reason for that part to be there. It can be kinda ridiculous like "James Brown Is Dead" or "Here's Johnny" but if it doesn't have a real purpose, it breaks.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information