(unknown genre) Touch Of Life

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
visheshl

28 May 2020

New track

Touch Of life - calming and relaxing track

Old tracks

Quarantined

Pinoe

Suyudha's Theme

Onset

DreamTSB

Atlantis

Let's go (outer space)

Pipe dream

Last edited by visheshl on 23 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 May 2020

Easier to pop one track per thread (and one thread at a time perhaps) also this first track isn't Lounge unless something totally changed whilst I wasn't looking (which EDM ppl seem to love doing).

It is New Age Pop I think (seeing the law is we must pedanticize over genre). At least that way I don't come in hoping for Sinatra and get Enya (not that I am ever upset with Enya).

The music is nice. I think that I have said that about yours before. It is kinda circular until it stops but that is not uncommon in the style I note. Personally I find that undoes some of the relaxing thing as it breaks the flow - like the elibrary taking back a book before I read the last chapter. Grrr.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

danc

30 May 2020

I like what you are trying to do here... I think the lead instruments feel a like they are trying to be laid back, but they are played a little too rushed. That could be either that there's too many notes being crammed in (less is more) or that the groove of the notes are just all too on or ahead of the grid - like it's had 100% quantise.

This style needs to feel more like it's being played by live musicians and less computer and that is mainly down to the performance, not just the instrumentation used.

Keep it up though, as I think you could have a winner if you work on it.
Check my Soundcloud:

visheshl

02 Jun 2020

Thanks benedict, i had zero idea what genre this was, im bad with genres.
Thanks danc, i will try to humanize the notes more in future tracks.

Pete B

04 Jun 2020

I think it's closer to uplifting than relaxing. It creates a pleasant mood anyway.

visheshl

04 Jun 2020

Pete B wrote:
04 Jun 2020
I think it's closer to uplifting than relaxing. It creates a pleasant mood anyway.
Thanks

• Information