[TECHNO] ELECTRODES (F#min - 128bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

27 Apr 2020

Going for a really BIG SOUND here... careful use of cavernous reverb on the kick and various other elements.
Check my Soundcloud:

Chizmata

29 Apr 2020

i just randomly listened to cristian vogels "the misty quay" album and this afterwards. the sound happens to be very similar, with a slightly heavier emphasis on experimentation on vogels and on dance/techno on your side. i just thought "i wouldnt be able to call it out if your track was labeled "cristian vogel"". thats a compliment, but also a sad example of how poorly musical quality translates into recognition...

danc

29 Apr 2020

Chizmata wrote:
29 Apr 2020
i just randomly listened to cristian vogels "the misty quay" album and this afterwards. the sound happens to be very similar, with a slightly heavier emphasis on experimentation on vogels and on dance/techno on your side. i just thought "i wouldnt be able to call it out if your track was labeled "cristian vogel"". thats a compliment, but also a sad example of how poorly musical quality translates into recognition...
Thanks for listening and compliment. Regarding everything mushing into each other and people not having a distinct sound - I would agree on my ELECTRODES track because I was actually trying to 'conform' and sound like the latest releases and not swerve too far off the common track.

However... listen to my other tracks for more distinctly me sound.... like these...

Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

29 Apr 2020

wow I just checked your soundcloud page , you got some tunes, I like the fact you are versatile with your style I thought I do a follow because over the next few weeks im going to listen them all :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

30 Apr 2020

Skimrok wrote:
29 Apr 2020
wow I just checked your soundcloud page , you got some tunes, I like the fact you are versatile with your style I thought I do a follow because over the next few weeks im going to listen them all :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thanks - it's been a labour of self-obsessed love making hundreds of tracks. 4 made it as commercial tracks on Neostatics label - you can see them on Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/release/dont-l ... ut/2708109

I went through some phases a year or 2 back where I was more experimental/creative... and I want to get back to this, whilst using my much improved production qualities. There were phases where I was music musical - in a music theory sense... again - want to explore that angle more. Plus - want to launch more tracks commercially - which will happen soon no doubt.
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

30 Apr 2020

thanks for the insight of your journey, I noticed it said south coast on your page are you over Sussex Hampshire Dorset way? im over in Kent myself I was intrigued was you raving in them areas maybe?
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

30 Apr 2020

Skimrok wrote:
30 Apr 2020
thanks for the insight of your journey, I noticed it said south coast on your page are you over Sussex Hampshire Dorset way? im over in Kent myself I was intrigued was you raving in them areas maybe?
Rural Dorset. Many many many years ago I was closer your way living in Brighton... but now back to my roots with tractors and stray sheep on the roads.
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

30 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Skimrok wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Rural Dorset. Many many many years ago I was closer your way living in Brighton... but now back to my roots with tractors and stray sheep on the roads.
lovely part of the country down that sides in Dorset, I used to float about back in the late 90s at various seafronts which had fruit machines I had a nick name Bandit he!he! weymouth and bournemouth etc, Brighton Sussex was on my routes a lot back then , brighton was good for night life ,and the raves over on Hastings Pier, love them times looking back :cool: :cool: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

danc

01 May 2020

Skimrok wrote:
30 Apr 2020
danc wrote:
30 Apr 2020

lovely part of the country down that sides in Dorset, I used to float about back in the late 90s at various seafronts which had fruit machines I had a nick name Bandit he!he! weymouth and bournemouth etc, Brighton Sussex was on my routes a lot back then , brighton was good for night life ,and the raves over on Hastings Pier, love them times looking back :cool: :cool: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Often frequent Bournemouth as work down that way..... as for Weymouth - I'm down there once or twice a year but prefer quieter resorts like Swanage.

I was more of a Space Invader, Outrun, Commando, Breakout kid - and this led to a 30 year career in it. The jackpots sat quietly, flashing away, not touched by me!
Check my Soundcloud:

Skimrok

01 May 2020

Outrun was the business i forgot about that game :thumbs_up: that was a huge game looking back and the similar motorbike version which was in the arcades also,

• Information