[DEEP HOUSE] GAME OVER (A# - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

25 Apr 2020

Taking me back to my more experimental days... whilst keeping up with the current times.

Has a kind of jungle, ragga, dub.. oh and other stuff sound.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

26 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
25 Apr 2020

Taking me back to my more experimental days... whilst keeping up with the current times.

Has a kind of jungle, ragga, dub.. oh and other stuff sound.
Fresh ears and got various elements more balanced... hear it through and you'll see how I'm ebbing and flowing elements to give interest and a tribal chanting feel.

Kind of cinematic sounding to me.
Check my Soundcloud:

EdwardKiy

26 Apr 2020

Can't find that producer meme about making music at night then listening again in the morning :)

I was really hoping a brother voice would interrupt the lady in a rudest way possible. Too much of her. What's underneath is a banger as always.

danc

26 Apr 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
26 Apr 2020
Can't find that producer meme about making music at night then listening again in the morning :)

I was really hoping a brother voice would interrupt the lady in a rudest way possible. Too much of her. What's underneath is a banger as always.
Fresh ears ALWAYS A MUST before Soundclouding it! Is there a STOP - DON'T SOUNDCLOUD meme?

As for the male voice coming in and stoping the lady going on and on.. .totally agree. Will take her out of the middle section and find a counter male voice to get some perspective.

Thanks for ideas and thoughts.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

26 Apr 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
26 Apr 2020

Spent a few hours cleaning up the track.

Reduced the cassette sound on the woman's voice - it's still there - but less so.

Gave more breathing space in the middle - cutting out that woman talking on and on. I cut her short - which I think works better - giving space for the music to come in and take over. Thanks for your tip on telling me to cut her down.

I also cut out the monkey squeak a lot earlier and bring it back in very quietly - which again I think helps the build up.

I did try some alternative male voices to take over but couldn't find anything that sounded right - just sounded lame.
Check my Soundcloud:

EdwardKiy

27 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
26 Apr 2020
I did try some alternative male voices to take over but couldn't find anything that sounded right - just sounded lame.
Sure, you never know until you try

Sounds much cleaner.

Also, an idea:
you should make a "declamation sample" the centerpiece of another track, to get it out of your system if for no other reason.
something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5oRtBDtfg

There's plenty of these samples around, a lot of them free, like the Martin Luther King lectures

P.S.: That is not to say you should stop working on this one!

• Information