(Future instrumental / electronic) Nim - Caret

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Nim

15 Apr 2020

Trying to record my own samples, had fun with water and other random objects.

Chizmata

19 Apr 2020

Great mix, a lot of creativity and cool atmosphere. on the downside i feel like the different parts lack a bit of musical coherence, like they are from different pieces.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2020

Wow that's pretty damn cool. Lots of interesting things happening troughout the track. Great mix too. :thumbs_up:

Nim

19 Apr 2020

Chizmata wrote:
19 Apr 2020
Great mix, a lot of creativity and cool atmosphere. on the downside i feel like the different parts lack a bit of musical coherence, like they are from different pieces.
Thank you! I personally like a bit of incoherence and left turns, and that you need to listen to the track a few times for it to "make sense". This is however really hard to judge with your own stuff as you can't unhear it. The jazzy part in the middle especially was an experiment, and i probably could have ditched the room design. Do you feel like the verse to chorus transition works though?
TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Apr 2020
Wow that's pretty damn cool. Lots of interesting things happening troughout the track. Great mix too. :thumbs_up:
Thank you! :D

Chizmata

19 Apr 2020

Nim wrote:
19 Apr 2020
Chizmata wrote:
19 Apr 2020
Thank you! I personally like a bit of incoherence and left turns, and that you need to listen to the track a few times for it to "make sense". This is however really hard to judge with your own stuff as you can't unhear it. The jazzy part in the middle especially was an experiment, and i probably could have ditched the room design. Do you feel like the verse to chorus transition works though?
yes the transitions are surely there, maybe thats what even points me to the incoherence :D . but also, this topic is a pet peeve of me. if thats your style i cant argue with that.

• Information