(Breakbeat/Soundtrack) - Turbo Valley

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2020

So this is the last track of my 90 day music project that I've been working on.

This track mainly draws influences from Prodigys first album Experience and just in general video game music.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 06 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Brosefski

02 Apr 2020

I feel like I'm playing mega man right now. Megamanx but souped up with the latest graphics and 3d. Kinda has an old school vibe while sounding new too. Good stuff!
:reason: :recycle: :re:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

Bloma wrote:
02 Apr 2020
This is so insanely good!
Thanks man, appreciate it :D

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2020

Brosefski wrote:
02 Apr 2020
I feel like I'm playing mega man right now. Megamanx but souped up with the latest graphics and 3d. Kinda has an old school vibe while sounding new too. Good stuff!
Thanks. That's a great compliment. It definitely has influences from older music.

Skimrok

08 Apr 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
31 Mar 2020

This track mainly draws influences from Prodigys first album Experience and just in general video game music.

this reminds me of the early 90s for sure , I went to many old raves near me , even I was a big hip hop head in the early 90s but can relate to this :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: good stuff
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

EdwardKiy

08 Apr 2020

Good job. On this one, and the whole series for the challenge as a whole. What's next? You going to try and polish this, or keep on going with the next challenge?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2020

Skimrok wrote:
08 Apr 2020
this reminds me of the early 90s for sure , I went to many old raves near me , even I was a big hip hop head in the early 90s but can relate to this :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: good stuff
Thanks. Yep I think the 90s association is pretty accurate.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Good job. On this one, and the whole series for the challenge as a whole. What's next? You going to try and polish this, or keep on going with the next challenge?
Thanks man. :)
I consider these tracks done. I'm sure I could tweak forever trying to improve the tracks here and there. But I've done what I can with the abilities I have right now. So it's time to move on to the next thing.

My next project will most likely be some sort of analog/synth emulation inspired thing. A couple of tracks where I only use synths like Viking-1, Ivoks, Red70, Legend. I don't know exactly how it will turn out but it's a concept that I find inspiring right now.

danc

09 Apr 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
31 Mar 2020

REALLY REALLY REALLY like it!

My 3 cents... the production could do with some work. The bass end could do with making fuller, more solid. Or to help the bass elements... saturate them up a bit, making them stand our more.

Same for some of the drums.. they need side chaining (or TrackSpacer or Smart:Comp) against the musical elements, especially bass.

Basically - I think spending a whole locked down session, just focused on production, you could take this track to the next level and easily good enough to get yourself production work on the next video game production.
Check my Soundcloud:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2020

danc wrote:
09 Apr 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
31 Mar 2020

REALLY REALLY REALLY like it!

My 3 cents... the production could do with some work. The bass end could do with making fuller, more solid. Or to help the bass elements... saturate them up a bit, making them stand our more.

Same for some of the drums.. they need side chaining (or TrackSpacer or Smart:Comp) against the musical elements, especially bass.

Basically - I think spending a whole locked down session, just focused on production, you could take this track to the next level and easily good enough to get yourself production work on the next video game production.
Again thanks for the comment and tips.
Regarding the sidechain thing. I think we're coming from two different places. My inspiration here is more of a 90s style of mix, like the old Prodigy records. If I put sidechain on the bass/kick it would instantly make it feel more modern. Not saying that's wrong or anything, but that's not what I want for this track.
In the end it's about personal taste.
In this song, especially with the drums, I've drawn a lot inspiration from these sort of tracks.

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

Awesome track of early 90's Prodigy. Spot on sound design, harmonics and melodies.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2020

rare_shadow wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Awesome track of early 90's Prodigy. Spot on sound design, harmonics and melodies.
Thanks, really appreciate it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2020

Chizmata wrote:
17 Apr 2020
really cool track

Synthopathe

18 Apr 2020

Enjoyed that. I got a lot of connection with Orbital circa Middle of Nowhere, love those sounds 👍

• Information