VIRUS (Psychedelic Trance)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wav-E

27 Mar 2020

Hello,

I finished this week a track that I started in Reason 2.5 (2003).

Last week I was looking something else, but I saw this psytrance reason project "Virus" and I decided to finish it.

I only took the main melody from the old version.

I used 20 new synths/instruments and 20 other channels for beat and effects.

I know there are a bit more melodies as usual (for this kind of music) but I hope they don't bother you :)

About the video effects I was playing around yesterday but is nothing serious :lol:

Skimrok

08 Apr 2020

smashed it again , that guitar is wicked at the start , I really enjoyed this!! good video as well :) :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Rothgarr

10 Apr 2020

Great song. And epically long!

Auryn

10 Apr 2020

Hmmm yeah this is a bit difficult for me, as obviously a lot of time and attention went into this track. It's pretty much the polar opposite of the psytrance track Loque posted here recently, in that all the time and attention seems to have gone into the compositional aspect at the expense of sound design. In other words, there is a lot going on melody wise here but the sound(s) is/are too generic and not really distinctive. The track seems to engage with the grandiose aspect of psytrance while not really engaging with the actual psychedelia. It's almost theatrical, or at least has the aspect of a kind of spectacular movie soundtrack, but I don't want psytrance to project a movie, I want it to fuck with my mind

BTW I do love the mixer as a psychedelic artwork idea, but the lightning is cheesy
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information