(drum & bass and ambient) The Dragonborg - Assimilation Chamber - album made in Reason 10

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TheDragonborg

16 Feb 2020

This is my latest album called Assimilation Chamber. It was recorded using Reason 10... mostly drum & bass with some ambient and even a synthwave break in the middle. I've been producing for 13 years now and had started way back with Reason 4 in 2007.

EdwardKiy

28 Feb 2020

Holy sh12 dude, this is scorched earth, fire and brimstone. There's only a handful of pieces (not artists) that I know of that are better in what you do. What are you doing here? Maybe submit one to Skankandbass youtube channel for some publicity? If I could vote, I'd recommend "Stranded on an Alien World", and maybe comb down the highs just a smidgeon - but this could be my ears getting dull from a day in headphones.
P.S: damn bandcamp won't let me listen anymore :/

TheDragonborg

28 Feb 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
28 Feb 2020
Holy sh12 dude, this is scorched earth, fire and brimstone. There's only a handful of pieces (not artists) that I know of that are better in what you do. What are you doing here? Maybe submit one to Skankandbass youtube channel for some publicity? If I could vote, I'd recommend "Stranded on an Alien World", and maybe comb down the highs just a smidgeon - but this could be my ears getting dull from a day in headphones.
P.S: damn bandcamp won't let me listen anymore :/
I've already EQd the high end on the masters. I've listened to this album many times over on my studio monitors, on headphones, on my shittier PC speakers, on my stereo system, in the car, in someone else's car (okay there the highs sounded a bit shrill but that's car's speaker system is kinda messed up and it was played via bluetooth which makes many things sound much worse, even the biggest DnB releases). Probably a mix of ear fatigue and the lossy compression that Bandcamp applies to streaming (at least it's not as bad as Soundcloud). But I'm so glad you love this album... BUY IT THEN heh... no obligation.

In the meantime perhaps you could listen to my other DnB album:

It was also done in Reason.

EdwardKiy

28 Feb 2020

I will definitely check it out. Must get some sleep now. In the meantime, try this one on for size:

both the piece and the channel. Might be a good idea to try and get yourself in there. Their subscribers are not too many, but it is a niche audience. Your audience.

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Feb 2020

EdwardKiy

29 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
29 Feb 2020
Really nice, but this seems level with Dragonborg. May be better in some aspects, but borg makes up with more context and more dynamics - and that's my personal preference. If you make a (big) step forward towards non-contextual-ear-popping-audio-goodness - Amon Tobin reigns supreme.

And like I mentioned - there are pieces that may be better, but 99% of Posij's other stuff to me is garbage, and I listened to Assimilation Chamber start to finish. That's very rare.

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Feb 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Feb 2020
aeox wrote:
29 Feb 2020
Really nice, but this seems level with Dragonborg. May be better in some aspects, but borg makes up with more context and more dynamics - and that's my personal preference. If you make a (big) step forward towards non-contextual-ear-popping-audio-goodness - Amon Tobin reigns supreme.

And like I mentioned - there are pieces that may be better, but 99% of Posij's other stuff to me is garbage, and I listened to Assimilation Chamber start to finish. That's very rare.
Just sharing a track that I thought had a similar style. Reminded me of that track

Skimrok

29 Feb 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
16 Feb 2020
This is my latest album called Assimilation Chamber. It was recorded using Reason 10... mostly drum & bass with some ambient and even a synthwave break in the middle. I've been producing for 13 years now and had started way back with Reason 4 in 2007.

Mekanized Slaves, I like this it reminds me of the days I used to go Raving ""Graveyard shift part of the Rave which for me was when I used to love it , also me being a old Hip Hop head I always had a soft spot for the Amen, back in the mid to late 90s this sort of stuff was pumping in my car jouney going to the Raves :)
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

TheDragonborg

29 Feb 2020

My music being compared to a track on Noisia's label... I love it... Noisia was one of my biggest influences, along with Ed Rush & Optical, Dom & Roland, Audio, and Gridlok… and also all kinds of sci-fi movies and Star Trek for the themes (and also dragons lol).

I like to have a wide range drum & bass tracks (so not all neurofunk) but all still dark. One thing I don't like too much is the trend of tracks getting shorter. Not too big on dnb where the tracks are under 4 mins.

Skimrok

29 Feb 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
29 Feb 2020
My music being compared to a track on Noisia's label... I love it... Noisia was one of my biggest influences, along with Ed Rush & Optical, Dom & Roland, Audio, and Gridlok… and also all kinds of sci-fi movies and Star Trek for the themes (and also dragons lol).

I like to have a wide range drum & bass tracks (so not all neurofunk) but all still dark. One thing I don't like too much is the trend of tracks getting shorter. Not too big on dnb where the tracks are under 4 mins.
The art of Djing has changed so much the shorter track times because of no vinyl needed nowadays so the dj can work quicker , that's something I have noticed big style, being out of the music scene for many years , synchronize bpm buttons etc on players help do that to novice djs and even big named djs mixing skills was varied then suddenly perfect every time , 'I so live in the past , I come from a select few which doesn't buy music downloads never been a huge fan of CDs when it started to gain pace around 1998 to 2000 in some clubs totally ditching 1210s altogether back then, I still support vinyl today even though I miss out on so much new music,, seeing Djs roll up with a USB is mad to me and my mind , however I understand why they do, I actually got myself a usb deck to play my tunes back recently ,but totally being true to myself I actually hate the thing he!he! but I'm in the minority so that's that :lol:

tech moves on and technics and styles change with old and new forming a new path , Midi2 is going to be interesting for future times for music on a whole with new possibilities for producers

Back to you and your tunes IMO you have a huge talent and know how to make that sound come through , so props for sure

PS sorry I went off topic in places
Last edited by Skimrok on 29 Feb 2020, edited 3 times in total.
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Feb 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
29 Feb 2020

Yea man, keep at it and you'll get there!

TheDragonborg

29 Feb 2020

I like cinematic intros... not those that drop in the first 30 seconds... one of my side projects is Goa Trance where some tracks get up to nearly 12 mins long which don't even get started until the 4 min mark... I don't really think it's the change in DJing more than the pop-ification of dnb. I try to hit the 5 min mark on my dnb but sometimes fall short but will not ever to 3 min tracks unless they are ambient or intro type pieces.

• Information